Did Goldman Goose Oil?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by makloda, Mar 27, 2009.

1. short run inelasticity. The only people the consumer has to blame is themselves for being 'oil dependent' and having the disposable income to afford purchasing. Having dumb energy policy is the fault here... Arbitrageurs' exposition of the problem should justify us crediting them for showing us how stupid our policies are (which exacerbate this vulnerability to and amplification of short run inelasticity of demand).

Also this article is very weak and lacking specificity.. How can Semgroup's position cause a short squeeze (implying closing of short positions), yet Barclays assumes their book post-bankruptcy, and makes a killing off it?

I love bitching about GS as much as anyone else, but there was no grand heist... and the following bust more than made up for any short run profits, so the market has served justice already.

This is simple. what was consumer surplus became producer surplus. And now it flipped. Over time, with the boom + bust combined, it all balanced out.

#21     Mar 27, 2009
  2. I've mostly lost interest in these forums because the idiots (with empty pockets and stupidity for intelligence level) who love knocking Jewish people aren't even worth my time... Their hateful envy is ten times worse than the careless greed they assume they are justified in ignorantly stereotyping.

#22     Mar 27, 2009
  3. snackly

snackly

+1. Iran hasn't started a war in how long? They are the single biggest financial supporter of Jew and American murdering terrorists on the face of this earth.

These kinds of comments are not worth a response on some levels but in order to keep people from thinking this kind of revisionist history is in vogue, it is worth commenting on.

#23     Mar 27, 2009