Did God Create Science?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 2cents, May 14, 2007.

Did God create Science?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Maybe, what do i know...

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. I don't want to think about it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Speaking of 12-step programs, are you recovering from your relapse into alcoholism last year?

#71     May 16, 2007
  2. OMG... You aren't talking about Jack are you?...:eek:

#72     May 16, 2007
  3. guys, alias hunting not welcome on this thread, plse handle on momo/phx's thread if u must... thank u

#73     May 16, 2007
  4. its not banned, i am just asking for courtesy. hopefully the thread's subject gives enough room for people to express views whatever these views might be. cheers

#74     May 16, 2007
  5. #75     May 16, 2007
  6. Jesus's philosophies were entirely gnostic, anti-church, and anti dogmatic.

Everything modern christians dont beleive in, strangely-thanks to a stupid book, that he did not write, which is fortunate.

Because if he had actual claim to the works in question, he would be widely regarded as THE worst author, the most CONFUSED philospher, the MOST incompetent narrator, the single WORST historian who ever lived, and a most unremarkable person, generally.

#76     May 16, 2007
  7. Good effort. Not exactly gnostic , but "gnostic" is closer to the truth, however, than what was left of my message after it was repackaged and made into a popular book.

Google "gospel of truth" to find a better rendition. It was found alongside the gospel of Thomas in Nag Hammadi.

In every case, with the bible, with better gnostic viewpoints, with the not-gnostic bits and pieces provided by Thomas as he remembered my sayings...in every case, you must do your homework to decipher the authentic message as I spoke it. Even Thomas' efforts have been compromised by other "contributors".

You can do it because you have the truth in you.

This post shows you are able to see through the smokescreen.

Jesus

#77     May 16, 2007
  8. Oh, quotation marks are necessary for original thought. Gotta love those artificial boundaries.

Well , try this on for size;

Octave Chanute, from wiki.

"Let us hope that the advent of a successful flying machine, now only dimly foreseen and nevertheless thought to be possible, will bring nothing but good into the world; that it shall abridge distance, make all parts of the globe accessible, bring men into closer relation with each other, advance civilization, and hasten the promised era in which there shall be nothing but peace and goodwill among all men." Octave Chanute Progress in Flying Machines

#78     May 16, 2007
  9. pattersb

pattersb Guest

well, I'm halfway through my thousand deaths, so I know just what you mean ...

Ok, how about this... The origins of science and the scientific tradition can be traced back to men attempting to explain what they saw as a divine world ..

I think I might even be correct on that ..

So, man created science in the image of God ...

#79     May 16, 2007
  10. agree that those men and women (sorry to be so PC...) would have had to be stimulated, if not fascinated, by those phenomenons they attempted to explain, the world around them...

what they "created" however was a powerful reductionist approach for the main part... what do u think? its not so much that they "wanted" to create a reductionist approach only, attempts at more holistic approaches were and are still being made by the very same men and women (ok, their successors...), its just that most holistic attempts failed at providing any practical insights, while the reductionist approach worked wonders...

which is not to say that those men and women were not guided by a holistic vision of their own though...

#80     May 16, 2007