Did God Create Science?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 2cents, May 14, 2007.

Did God create Science?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Maybe, what do i know...

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. I don't want to think about it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TK9 admits he has an addiction, then gets pissed off and pouts like a child when someone points out his mental illness and his inability to cope with it...

He is found trying once again to deflect away from his own lost condition...

#51     May 14, 2007
  2. And so continues, ad nauseam, Pee Wee Herman's rendition of, "I know you are, but what am I?"

#52     May 14, 2007
  3. Yes, your Pee Wee act does continue incessantly...

#53     May 14, 2007
  4. He shoots, he scores. How's the foot?

#54     May 14, 2007
  5. Oh you mean your own foot that you are perpetually sticking in your own mouth...I would guess that foot is riddled with fungus...

#55     May 14, 2007
  6. i like that

#56     May 14, 2007
  7. i won't be argumentative either, i see your point of view, i'll just explain mine so we may compare notes:

. when speaker A uses words such as Science, Did (notion of "past"), God, Melon etc, in order to communicate and in this case ask for an opinion, from a 3rd party, that doesn't imply in any way that speaker A presupposes anything about the terms used to ask the question, nor the concepts they represent in the minds of the listeners... simply that speaker A believes that his thus posed question is intelligible enough for purposes of an exchange of opinions (or in other cases, of information), a meaningful one wherever possible... that's what reporters do day in day out for instance, and so do teachers etc

. a listener might be bothered by the logical sequence in cases where predicate A is false or meaningless to him/her for instance, and the question posed is about whether predicate A in some ways is related to predicate B, predicate that the listener considers to be true or meaningful for instance. of course there would then be a way for speaker A to reformulate so that predicate B appears first in the question, thus making it easy on this particular listener. but equally there is nothing to stop the listener to simply reject A for instance, or reformulate A to his/her satisfaction, or simply propose another predicate C as being related to B in a more meaningful manner etc. speaker A can only control the form of the question, not the answers

. if one wants to know what speaker A's answer is to the question, one must first ask speaker A the question. any other presupposition, inference etc is only made in the mind of the listener, and unless speaker A validates the assumptions made by the listener or has previously made statements upon which the listener can validly base his/her assumptions, those presuppositions, inferences etc are as likely to be wide off the mark as not... therefore not very useful

how about a separate thread on the use of language? ;-)

#57     May 14, 2007
  8. mate, do you always feel compelled to act like that when people have opinions that differ from yours?

#58     May 14, 2007
  9. =========
    Right, & goes deeper than that,God inspired[Godbreathed] the old/new testament.

Have a book by H.F.W Gesenius ,
    Hebrew Lexicon to old testament,beginning the scientific study of Semitics/hebrew grammar:cool:

#59     May 14, 2007
  10. What is God...:confused:

#60     May 15, 2007