Did God Create Science?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 2cents, May 14, 2007.

Did God create Science?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Maybe, what do i know...

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. I don't want to think about it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. pattersb

pattersb Guest

How do you atheist-scientists reconcile the fact that two
    major branches of modern science,Physics and Genetics,
    were founded by devoutly religious men attempting to
    describe the world as their god had created it?

Most branches of science have similar origins, I'd wager.

I think I remember reading someone's suggestion that Newton's
    accomplishments were reached DESPITE his delusional religious
    convictions.

:p

This is what happens when you let your beliefs blind you
    of reality.

#31     May 14, 2007
  2. man

man

too stupid question. refuse to choose.

#32     May 14, 2007
  3. Indeed.

#33     May 14, 2007
  4. no more than it would "presuppose" Create, Did or Science, therefore not an useful distinction... i am simply communicating with theists therefore using a language i believe they'll be at peace with... but if u want the last word on this, u can have it now, or u can call it even if u are in the mood... your call mate

movin' on to bed

#34     May 14, 2007
  5. u already have...

#35     May 14, 2007
  6. So you can't even admit you are conceited, so much so that you are playing some girlish game of hide and seek...

Truly funny....

#36     May 14, 2007
  7. they were men

whats your answer mate?

#37     May 14, 2007
  8. off topic... plse behave mate

#38     May 14, 2007
  9. Actually, what is funny is that you are being obtuse, either intentionally or otherwise. My posts clearly imply that I have some level of conceit, but that you have more so. It is also clear from your posts that you have never admitted to conceit of any kind, expressly or otherwise, irrespective of what conclusions a reasonably intelligent reader may draw from your posts. That speaks as loudly as your self-professed "spirituality."

Your turn, Nancy.

#39     May 14, 2007
  10. I brought it up, because of your comments in this thread:

"...the notion of God as a deity persists, as it has been grandfathered through generations by a surprising proportion of people who you would think should know better by now."

The hubris in those comments are strikingly obviously from a conceited mind.

Then you after pointing it out, you pitch your typical womanly hissy fit, and so I remind you of your comments in your thread:

Thanking God for your good fortune is the ultimate conceit.

in which you conceitedly claim the beliefs of others are:

"It is deep and utter bullshit."

Now you squirm like a little fairy princess after being called on your hypocrisy, and try to deflect the accurate criticism away from your own ridiculous posts.

My conceit or non conceit is not relevant to what you have done in these two threads.

You are just like all the other ET Klones (except they don't act like spoiled children and claim they are leaving ET for six month, then don't keep their word) who can dish it out, but can't take it coming back in their face with their own words...

#40     May 14, 2007