Did FED just cut?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bowgett, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Bowgett

Bowgett

If Citi writes off $10b we might hit 14000 :) I hope they write off something like $25 billion so we can go even higher.

#11     Oct 24, 2007
  2. So many pessimists

no wonder we keep going higher

#12     Oct 24, 2007
  3. If you have not figured it out yet genius, most on here have you on ignore hence the no response to your brilliant babbling.

I keep you on for laughs.

#13     Oct 24, 2007
  4. Have not seen you signed on in a few days, you get evacuated? Fires near you?

#14     Oct 24, 2007
  5. They just nuked Iran...mission accomplished..

tally ho...

#15     Oct 24, 2007
  6. The way its works is, GS tells the FED.

#16     Oct 24, 2007
  7. "San Francisco, October 24. NZD/USD bounced back in the NY afternoon from 0.7490 on the back of equity market speculation that the Fed would cut the discount rate today. Though the Fed denied this, the rumour sparked a rally in US stocks with the DJIA flat on the day despite losses of up to 180 pts earlier in the session. "

Heh...rumor caused it. Gotta love this :)

#17     Oct 24, 2007
  8. Joab

Joab

:D :D :D

:( :( :(

:cool:

#18     Oct 24, 2007
  9. nassau

nassau

Yes sir, no more shorts to squeeze, the big boys take some profit, longs exit, shorts try to jump on and they start a rumor to give substance to a short squeeze.
    the objective is for the big boys to take our money both longs and shorts.

but then again what do I know I'm a paranoid, skitso frantic trader
    w

#19     Oct 24, 2007
  10. jbob

jbob

I was reading a news article speculating about why the markets reversed. It mentioned the possibility of a rate cut and then they said:

"Calls to the Federal Reserve by CNNMoney.com were not immediately returned."

I almost fell out of my chair laughing. What exactly were they hoping the Fed would say or do? Why yes, we do plan on cutting rates next week. Ben has got the heli fired up with bags of money. Christmas is coming early. Ho ho ho!!!

#20     Oct 24, 2007