Did Fed just Cut rates?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Feb 9, 2010.

1. S2007S

S2007S

US markets are going crazy over this yet to be released news, I would say 90% of this rally today is on this bailout and the other 10% on KO earnings.

:eek:

#11     Feb 9, 2010
  2. S2007S

S2007S

European stocks inched up on Tuesday, and the euro rose by three-quarters of a cent to $1.3725, on speculation that heads of state and government will have to announce something at Thursday's summit. The euro was as high as $1.51 in December.

The bounce followed news that European Central Bank President Jean-Claude Trichet had left a banking conference in Australia to attend the summit, stoking expectations of some kind of backstop for Greece.

But as speculation mounted over a possible bailout for Greece, numerous high profile policy makers rushed to quell the rumors by saying that no cash would be coming for Greece

And some were skeptical that Thursday's meeting could stop the slide in sentiment.

"To be sure, markets will be looking to Thursday's EU leaders's meeting for answers, but we'd be greatly surprised if those meetings concluded in a manner which deminished market concerns about the matter."

#12     Feb 9, 2010
  3. I think you fade this entire move...
    should reverse by day's end..
    just a feelin

#13     Feb 9, 2010
  4. MKTrader

MKTrader

Before anyone takes action on this, please give us a 10-year+ PnL report for your "feelings"?

#14     Feb 9, 2010
  5. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

please keep your anti-american opinions to your self.

everyone else: BBBUUUUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

i just saw on the wires that there are only a few hundred es, ym, nq futures left for sale, so you better buy them now - even if you dont normally trade em - just freekin' buyyyyyyy!!!

(please!!)

:D

#15     Feb 9, 2010
  6. LMT sell 200k EUR 1.3845

#16     Feb 9, 2010
  7. S2007S

S2007S

Now that we got this bailout out of the way, whats next. Everything always seems to be fixed to perfection within a week or two. Never a need to worry as a bailout is always near by.......

#17     Feb 9, 2010
  8. #18     Feb 9, 2010
  9. buy AAPL: the Greeks will be loading up on iPad now

#19     Feb 9, 2010
  10. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

lol

im thinking of covering es now.

mp tells me weve hit resistance so tighten that stop......

#20     Feb 9, 2010