Did Eric Holder lie in Congressional testimony last week?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JamesL, May 24, 2013.

1. JamesL

JamesL

That’s the question asked by Katie Pavlich and Jim Hoft after the revelation that Attorney General Eric Holder personally approved the application for a warrant on Fox News’ James Rosen as a potential co-conspirator in espionage. Last week, under relatively friendly questioning from Rep. Hank Johnson (D-GA) about the Department of Justice seizure of Associated Press phone records, Johnson asked about the potential to prosecute reporters under the Espionage Act of 1917. ”You’ve got a long way to go to try to prosecute the press for publication of material,” Holder responded. Later, though, he returned to the topic unbidden, emphasis mine (at the 5-minute mark):

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AW7GhfOXe5U?list=UUqMici9I7nz_i-PN7eSYjwQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As it turns out, Holder not only heard of it, he personally approved it. The warrant in the Rosen case specified that he was considered a potential suspect in the leak of classified material, the reason that the DoJ didn’t bother to follow the existing Watergate-era statute in coordinating the records request with Fox News. And note that Holder’s testimony in this case wasn’t produced by some sophisticated perjury trap sprung by a Republican, but as a freely-offered representation to no particular question during the question period of a Democrat.

There is no other way to view this except as a lie. Even if Holder wasn’t under oath, that would constitute a felony punishable by up to five years in prison. It certainly should produce at least a resignation, and almost assuredly would require the appointment of a special prosecutor, especially since the next person down in the organization, James Cole, is suspected of doing the same thing with reporters.

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/05/24/did-eric-holder-lie-in-congressional-testimony-last-week

2. wjk

wjk

"Mr. Holder, did you lie to Congress?"

"No." *while head shakes yes*

3. pspr

pspr

And Obama works his jaw with strings. :D

4. pspr

pspr

I thought ol' Hank was committed when Guam didn't roll over and sink.

Is he still in Congress?

5. haha, i could never take this guy seriously after that. every time he was speaking, i would bust out laughing.. it was literally the dumbest shit ever said. :D

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

"Did Eric Holder lie in Congressional testimony last week?
    "

Were his lips moving?

Does a bear shit in the woods?

Does the pope wear a funny hat?

7. BSAM

BSAM

Did Lois Lerner lie?

8. pspr

pspr

Yup. Not sure if before Congress or just in general.

She also refused to resign when asked.

9. LEAPup

LEAPup

Yes, holder lied. UNDER OATH!!!! Of course, there will be ZERO done about it. :mad:

10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Someone should report this to the AG, oh wait...Holder is the AG.

#10     May 24, 2013