Did Ben Say Anything Different?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Jul 11, 2013.

1. The guy is a joke, and a master bull sH*ter like most of the other Fed governors. At the slightest drop of the market, he goes on the air to say some niceties to Wall St. The frequency of his speeches is even arranged according to what goes on in the market, if tehy need to prop up markets they give some speeches . It's become so obvious they should be ashamed of themselves. They painted themselves into a corner and they know it. They are supposed to be geniuses , people will realize they rose to their level of incompetence.

#11     Jul 11, 2013
  2. the1

the1

What Greenspan did to the markets is going pale in comparison to what Bernanke is doing now. If the current move continues, and it probably will, the markets are going to start going parabolic and we all know how that ends.

#12     Jul 11, 2013
  3. ben has this dream if he builds it jobs will come. so ben is outside his home building this baseball field while looking into this corn crop saying silly companies come out and play ball with me. why will companies hire when he told them i am keeping rates low until you do it? he repeats the same things and scares the markets. he does not say anything different but it sounds different each time he says it so we call it different.

#13     Jul 11, 2013
  4. TGregg

TGregg

That's the thing. When the music stops, people will be turning bearish with a vengeance. :p

#14     Jul 11, 2013
  5. I think he knows the QE's aren't really doing much and it's time to wind it down. If he's worried about inflation being too low, he oughtta stop paying interest on reserves. Finally I bet he wishes he had old school republicans in Congress who understood that weak economies need expansionary fiscal policy.

In the meantime:

[​IMG]

#15     Jul 11, 2013
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

LOL! Excellent.

#16     Jul 11, 2013
  7. he is Mr. Bojangles of wall street he talks and dances for them. they look at him after that and say that Mr. Bojangles is so talented.

#17     Jul 11, 2013
  8. It's interesting. Some very good comments above. Love the Mr. Bojangles, but at least Mr. Bojangles could dance. If the role of the Fed is now to orchestrate markets, we need a Chairman who knows markets, not an academic. I nominate Carl Icahn. Like Greenspan, no one can firgure out what's he sayng anyway.

#18     Jul 12, 2013
  9. Josef K

Josef K

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- The Federal Reserve's proposed timetable for tapering its bond-buying program is not set in stone, said Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke on Wednesday. "I emphasize that, because our asset purchases depend on economic and financial developments, they are by no means on a preset course," Bernanke said in remarks prepared for delivery to the House Financial Services Committee. Bernanke repeated his guidance from mid-June that the Fed anticipates it will be appropriate to begin to moderate the pace of purchases "later this year," and end them "around midyear." The Fed chairman said the central bank would react to developments. If economic conditions were to improve faster that expected, the pace of asset purchases could be reduced "somewhat more quickly." But if the outlook were to become relatively less favorable, or if financial conditions were seen as too tight, "the current pace of purchases could be maintained for longer," Bernanke said. The chairman's prepared remarks were fairly dovish. He said the economy remained vulnerable to shocks and there was a risk that a dispute in Congress over the debt ceiling could hamper the recovery.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/berrnanke-says-tapering-not-on-pre-set-course-2013-07-17

Like I said, the Fed's position didn't change.

#19     Jul 17, 2013
  10. hafez50

hafez50

Bottom line one day soon the mkt will turn on Bernanke and plunge regardless of qe. The gig has gotten old and its time to end

#20     Jul 17, 2013