Did Barry Bonds take steroids?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ARogueTrader, Mar 2, 2004.

1. No they won't, but if you are looking for an external substance to improve your trading then I would suggest 1.5grams of pscilocybin in some tea each morning a half hour before the market opens. This should be enough to help you forget yourself and become "one with the market"...

#31     Mar 3, 2004
  2. Excellent! Will do. Thanks again.

#32     Mar 3, 2004
  3. Anabolic/androgenic steroids(AAS) DO mitigate cortisol-activity, thereby allowing the user to maintain muscle mass, that is the greatest benefit available to the athlete.

AAS increase cellular protein synthesis in soft tissues which is an obvious advantage in tissue repair.

Nandrolone, specifically, increases synovial fluid production, making joints perform better with less friction. This is the "Nor-andro" version, I have no idea if Mc Guire was takign Norandro. In any event, the oral form has exceedingly poor bioavailability -- only the poor, -dione version was available at the time.

Androstendione had little impact on McGuire's career... Andro isn't even used anymore, bioavailability/conversion of approximately 14% in oral form, and a weak binding agent.

The point is that the vast majority of prohormones, and ALL the prohormones available to McGuire at the time were a joke and had very little efficacy, other than making your nuts shrink a bit and produced a ton of estrogen. The -dione version which McGuire was using was terribly estrogenic. I imagine the majority of McGuire's gains were likely due to rhGH and 300g of protein a day.

The new stuff, an analog of Methyltrienolone and Trenbolone is wicked sh*t, IOW, what Bonds was allegedly taking is a full-blown steroid.

riskarb

#33     Mar 3, 2004
  4. I've been taking rhGH for over a year, fantastic results -- too numerous to mention.

Talking about the injectable rhGH, not that secretagogue BS. FYI: HGH cannot be taken orally, all oral formulations, precursors, etc. are a scam

riskarb

#34     Mar 3, 2004
  5. The -dione version hasn't been used in years, the -diol version is FAR superior, but a joke as well...

riskarb

#35     Mar 3, 2004
  6. #36     Mar 3, 2004
  7. #37     Mar 3, 2004

8. People were saying that about him forever, but when he was younger he was actually pretty damn quick. Geez, isn't a white guy allowed to have any athletic ability anymore? Don Beebe used to be one of the fastest guys in the nfl but he never got hyped as much the other speed merchants (at least that's how I remember it). (Remember that chase down to save a td in the superbowl?)

#38     Mar 3, 2004
  9. #39     Mar 4, 2004