Did Barry Bonds take steroids?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ARogueTrader, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Did Barry juice? Of course...

#21     Mar 2, 2004
  2. jem

jem

virtuoso, I think you are incorrect. I know it is hard to separate--- because they also are stronger but I have spoken to some people who have taken roids who say you do see better. I knew a guy in high who was a little bigger but of a sudden became a great goal scorer in hockey out of nowhere. I believe Mr. October juiced every october. I believe you can see juiced guys just that way they hit the ball so squarely so consistently right in that sweet spot. McGwire and Bonds had such smooth powerfully well connected balls so often that I guarantee you they were seeing it better than ever while on the juice.

I also spoke with one college football player who said there are sort of designer roids to accomplish different football player goals. Such as 40 yard dash speed, or explode off the line speed or bulk. He also mentioned that he thought a by product of some of these roids could be you would have your synapses firing faster.

If reflexes can be trained why would they not be enhanced. Information is invited because I am here to learn I am not saying viruoso is definitely wrong.

#22     Mar 2, 2004
  3. You may have a point...what makes a great athlete is not his body or his mind, it's the speed of the synapse mechanism that connects the two.

#23     Mar 2, 2004
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

A great athlete doesn't necessarily make a great Player.... STOCKTON may not have the ability most gaurds had, but his thinking made him great not to mention having Malone by his side for so many years helped..

#24     Mar 3, 2004
  5. I have no desire to take any anabolic steroids, BUT I wouldn't mind trying some HGH, especially now that I am in my mid-40's.

I hear that it can improve your eyesight so much that you can throw away your reading glasses!

#25     Mar 3, 2004
  6. Thanks Jem. Admittedly I wasn't aware that steroids could also help your eye sight, but I suppose it does make some sense :)
    Perhaps I should make a note to try and know what it is I speak of before throwing my 2 cents in :)

PEACE and good-trading Jem

#26     Mar 3, 2004
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

what are some of the side effects ???

#27     Mar 3, 2004
  8. Jem,

Asked my friendly neighborhood roid-head and he informed me that HGH will help eye sight, but not anabolic steroids...

The eye-sight thing adds an interesting mix to all of this IMO. If we found out that Tony Gwynn had some super-duper surgery to make his eye-sight much better than they were prior -- would that still be "cheating" and frowned upon the way roids are???

#28     Mar 3, 2004
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

how about if SHAQ got his breast enlarged and it helped him play better??? is this cheating???.....intresting question.....what do u think V??

#29     Mar 3, 2004
  10. Could you ask your friend if steroids can improve one's trading? Thanks.

#30     Mar 3, 2004