Did Axelrod make the argument for Smaller Government?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JamesL, May 15, 2013.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Ricter, I have a serious question for you, because you've brought this whole gold standard thing up before. Can you show me one post where I advocate going on a gold standard? Or bringing it back?

What I advocate is sound money. When I use precious metals, it is indeed to hedge against fiat currency risk, but that's a far reach from going on the gold standard. So stop making shit up. If I actually said it, and I challenge you to find where I did, I must have been drunk or something. There are real problems with a gold standard.

As for me being an ideologue, well, so are you! You just happen to be on the other side of the equation. Big whoop.

As for the government growing faster than the constitution because society is changing faster, you're again, full of shit. The government is growing faster because it is trying to get it's tentacles into everything it can. It's about money and control, in that order.

#21     May 15, 2013
  2. Like Tsing wrote, that's the what constitution is for, and it should be a long and laborious process to change it. Should it be amended from time to time? Absolutely, but legislation should never come from the bench, or as a result of the most well funded/vocal special interest group pitching a bitch. This is where the system has currently broken down. We now suffer from the tyranny of the few who have influence over corrupt judicial and political entities.

#22     May 15, 2013
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

...and are influenced heavily by corporate lobbyists.

#23     May 15, 2013
  4. Silly premise, the highway department here in Texas is too big for the head of TxDOT to know what all is going on. We are a big country boys, accept the fact that everything is big here. You want small government then move to a small country, that is your only option if small is what you guys really want.

#24     May 15, 2013
  5. pspr

pspr

You win the prize for the second stupidest post today.

Fortunately for you Ricter already won top prize for saying he licks dog butt.

#25     May 15, 2013

6. US Gov't = Sanctioned Stealing, Lying, and Cheating. Gotcha'
    This the gist of what the scumbag Axelrod is saying.

#26     May 15, 2013
  7. Okay people what we have here (above) is an example of what untreated syphilis looks like.

#27     May 15, 2013
  8. RIGHT!! I don't get what the fuck is so hard to understand about this?

There are 'grey' areas sure, but some things are really clear cut, and the govt doesn't give a shit. The govt is doing many things that they are NOT supposed to be doing. They do what they want and they lie to the people to get away with it.

Blaming the growth of govt on a changing society is simply bullshit ricter. IF the vast majority agreed that this or that change needs to be made, passing an amendment could and would happen quickly. The reason it doesn't is because there is no vast majority on either side. The real 'change' in American society is the fed govt influencing the people through bribery err.. social programs, which they ARE NOT supposed to be doing. It's not the other way around. The Constitution is the supreme law here and if you don't like it, then it is YOU who should move elsewhere. The EU seems to be much more in line with your ideology.

#28     May 15, 2013
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

He does live elsewhere. He preaches from the land to the North.

#29     May 15, 2013
  10. You're in for a life of frustration with that attitude piggy. What you want America to be will NEVER happen.. Seems wasteful to put too much emotion energy into wanting something you will never have.

#30     May 15, 2013