Did anyone run into data feed problem with PFG?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by greeks, May 10, 2006.

1. greeks

greeks

Sandygray66 -

Thanks for your information. It helps a lot to understand the workflow.

One thing confuses me so much is in the PFG reply. I thought PFG provides datafeed and takes and executes orders, so to me it's the quote provider. But PFG said (in the reply) that it's not a quote provider. Who is the quote provider in my set up?

PFG also advised to use a third party quote provider. Who are quote providers out there I can use with my set up? Or may be I should find another trading set up?

Thanks --

#11     May 19, 2006
  2. Technically, it's true that PFG has to get their time and sales information from someone else. I don't know if they're directly connected to the CME/CBOT or an intermediary.

To my knowledge you cannot get another datafeed for TradeMaven other than the ones they are set up to work with (which is dependent on the broker you use). When I was with Transact, Transact was the datafeed. The only other datafeed that I know works with TM is PATS but I have no idea how you can connect with a datafeed other than through your broker (it would cost extra money if you can).

What I think they were referring to in their blanket lack-of-responsibility statement is that you should have another charting service with a separate datafeed to see what is going on with price and volume (I do, and that's how I could tell there was problems with PFG's datafeed).

I use SierraChart with a feed from MyTrack.

If BestDirectFast (TradeMaven) goes down, you can go to BestDirect (which is free). When BDF has gone down briefly in the last couple of weeks, BestDirect continued to work OK (I guess the datafeed is different).

Hope that helps. If you have any more detailed questions, I suggest you pursue them with PFG's technical help desk. They've been reasonably helpful to me.

Sandy

#12     May 19, 2006
  3. greeks

greeks

Sandy,

From your reply I think I got better idea about what to talk to PFG about the service.

Thanks --

#13     May 19, 2006
  4. Zen Fire?

Can someone give me more details?

Thanks in advance.

#14     May 21, 2006
  5. greeks

greeks

Details of what do you need?

#15     May 22, 2006