Did anyone else have connection issues with NT8 today?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by NeoTrader, Oct 13, 2017.

1. NeoTrader

NeoTrader

My NT8 simply stopped working today. It shows just the "yellow" connection status and nothing else. No error messages, nothing. It just stays like this and the DOM and charts stopped updating. I spent the whole afternoon with them trying to solve the problem... And when nothing else worked, they simply said that it was a "trafic jam" in my region(Southern Brazil) and there was nothing they could do about it, despite the fact that everything else is working. Internet speed is great, I can browse normally even watch videos, but the only thing that doesn't work is NT8 with Continuum. This has never happened before and I'm not sure if they are simply making excuses because they can't fix it.

2. jharmon

jharmon

Use:
    Multiple Internet links (with different providers - they can and do use different links to route your traffic).
    Virtual Private Server(s) that you can remotely log into instead. Many allow you to only pay by the hour.

3. Vertex

Vertex

I am curious, did they gave you an address to ping/tracert for the data server?

If you look in your log files (/Documents/Ninjatrader 8/Log), you should see an address listed when a data connection is made. I am not certain that the address is the actual data server, but it may give you some idea at least if you run a tracert.

4. NeoTrader

NeoTrader

They did... It stops responding somewhere inside the US. Either NY or Chicago, most commonly NY. I discovered a discussion about this and the problem usually goes away by itself.... No "active" solution is ever found. NT blames trafic and tells the user to call the ISP... The ISP in turn says that everything is working, just this one thing is not, so it's not their problem. But it's OK. I have other options for charting. I was curious too, because this had never happened and the charts from NT are the ones I like the most.

5. Overnight

Overnight

Don't worry about it. Consider it a glitch if the packet-loss was in the US route path. It happened to me once, briefly, some years ago. A non-issue.

6. algofy

algofy

Not really NT's fault, likely on your end or your connection provider.