Did Altucher fail as a trader?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gueco, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Brass

Brass

The man expressed an opinion. It differs from yours. Get over it.

#51     Mar 20, 2012
  2. jem

jem

With the analytical abilities you manifest in your posts, you could probably be anything you set your mind to.

#52     Mar 20, 2012
  3. Funny, none of the critics here have written 9 books but have plenty to say!

Only a moron would trade someone else's system verbatim without independently verifying it and making changes. Books are for ideas, not for working methods.

#53     Mar 20, 2012
  4. Awe crap! now you tell me.:eek:

#54     Mar 20, 2012
  5. Do you think Soros or Cohen sit by themselves ? Ask James what goes on in Stevie's lair. Ask about room temperature, nonringing phones, equity teams/divisions etc... Organziational skills, lmao, sounds like a piker would say.

There are many people who can play multiple sports.

That was a horrible post.

#55     Mar 20, 2012
  6. Best thing to do with that is dislike it, and report it as a scam.

#56     Mar 20, 2012
  7. With respect (since I look forward to what you will say):

None of the methods the article lists are used by the author and the article implies that he seems to have experience in all methods that have ever been invented or ever will be invented for the author to BOLD THE ONLY PEOPLE. (Presumably their actually are some aliens among us!)

So I must be missing something. I made money this week and I don't need any of those methods on the list - hmmm. maybe I should re-check my numbers.

Many methods work. One that did for well over a decade was recently published in a book. I suspect that that particular one may not work as well as it did with an efficient market trying to work against well-known methods. Successful traders don't often write books - no need to I suspect. When is Steve Cohen's - "5 legal trading methods that really work" book (or comicbook) coming out?

Think of the problem much like a jungle out there with competing species being born, finding a niche or going extinct. No one species can dominate or the world itself eventually dies. The jungle adapts to the species just as the species adapt to their environment. Diversity is healthy, imbalance (too few, too dominant) is not. Perhaps all winners eventually lose and all losers create new life somewhere else.

When I first started out, I KNEW a whole lot more about than I do now. As I get older I KNOW less and less because the field is so enormous. The amount of my knowledge grows constantly but my personal humility grows much faster as I realize how little anyone KNOWS about THE GAME.

#57     Mar 20, 2012
  8. Gueco

Gueco

what book is that ?

#58     Mar 20, 2012
  9. Gary Fox

Gary Fox

Can you post your results in Excel? Tell us the exit/s/ you used and we'll run it too.

#59     Mar 20, 2012
  10. Gueco

Gueco

why would you need my back testing results? I am sure you can come up with even better results yourself.

#60     Mar 21, 2012