Did Altucher fail as a trader?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gueco, Mar 19, 2012.

1. d08

d08

With what drawdown? how many below-market years?

#41     Mar 20, 2012
  2. Altucher's variant is in the page prior. It is superior to his former version.

Annuallizing 9.75% with 7.52% drawdown on the past 5 years of data in the Wealth Lab 100.

#42     Mar 20, 2012
  3. Eric215

Eric215

This guy sounds like a frustrated and conceited individual. Frankly, I find him annoying and I wish he'd keep his mouth shut with articles like these since it only serves to keep new traders from starting or continuing, and new traders help provide new money for those of us who do make consistent money from the markets. I will say that some strategies have probably become unprofitable over the years with the advent of HFT and other things but that's how the market works, it changes and evolves.

#43     Mar 20, 2012
  4. ocean5

ocean5

That`s true,why don`t Heil Hitler just shut up.

#44     Mar 20, 2012
  5. thats cause you stopped trading, you guessed it, 5 years ago.

posers.

#45     Mar 20, 2012
  6. LOL

#46     Mar 20, 2012
  7. ocean5

ocean5

It is not a religion.It is the Science.Don`t be surprised when it works.

#47     Mar 20, 2012
  8. You think it's odd to go 5 years without a losing month for an active trader??

Amateur.

#48     Mar 20, 2012
  9. Brass

Brass

Actually, it's the man's right to say whatever his opinion is about trading and the markets. Readers need not agree. And if anyone is going to be dissuaded by any comment at face value, then it may well be for the best.

As for what I, personally, don't think is "right," it would be more along the lines of something like this:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pxUAab2QFSE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You want wrong? That's wrong.

#49     Mar 20, 2012
  10. Gueco

Gueco

Yes, james has the right to mislead his audience... so what? That does not make it right.

#50     Mar 20, 2012