Did Altucher fail as a trader?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gueco, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Vishnu

Vishnu

You are absolutely right I have an agenda:

1) I want people to be happier and less stressed. Life is short.

2) i think people who are smart enough to trade are smart enough and the type of person who can start a company that can help people.

3) I don't want people to lose money. There are so many ways people can lose money. Just paying attention to the few people who (I feel) are telling the truth can help you save it and even make it.

While being happier.

#31     Mar 20, 2012
  2. Gueco

Gueco

James, just because you prefer to build businesses does not make it right to tell people short-term trading does not work. And if you changed your mind about trading maybe you should have started there.

Yes, trading is not for everyone. But it does work for some people.

And it is indeed true that fees and insider trading are the easiest ways to get rich, and that many people mistake that for trading skills.

But someone smart can still make it as a trader, at least until now that has been the case. To say that is not so is either ignorance or paternalism.

#32     Mar 20, 2012
  3. 007Arb

007Arb

I give James credit for coming here and so graciously taking all the abuse. Good luck James in whichever direction you decide to take in life.

#33     Mar 20, 2012
  4. QQQQ 10% Gap, 0.75% Market Gap, no Short

http://wl4.wealth-lab.com/cgi-bin/WealthLab.DLL/getpage?page=Top25.htm

Top 5 Wealth Lab Market Order Script.

http://wl4.wealth-lab.com/cgi-bin/WealthLab.DLL/editsystem?id=48181

The script from his book "Trade Like a Hedge Fund", with mods.

http://wl4.wealth-lab.com/cgi-bin/WealthLab.DLL/getpage?page=Top25APR.htm

Close to top 10 market order APR.

James is a good writer. When you are forced to write something, as long as it is coherent former reputation will carry you through the day.

#34     Mar 20, 2012
  5. #35     Mar 20, 2012
  6. zdreg

zdreg

Vishnu (Sanskrit विष्णु Viṣṇu) is the supreme God in the Vaishnavite tradition of Hinduism. Smarta followers of Adi Shankara, among others, venerate Vishnu as one of the five primary forms of God.[1]
    re:vishnu
    nice jewish boys in the US become followers of:

"The Vishnu Sahasranama[2] declares Vishnu as Paramatman (supreme soul) and Parameshwara (supreme God). It describes Vishnu as the All-Pervading essence of all beings, the master of—and beyond—the past, present and future, one who supports, sustains and governs the Universe and originates and develops all elements within. Vishnu governs the aspect of preservation and sustenance of the universe, so he is called "Preserver of the universe".

In the Puranas, Vishnu is described as having the divine colour of water filled clouds, four-armed, holding a lotus, mace, shankha (conch) and chakra (wheel). Vishnu is also described in the Bhagavad Gita as having a 'Universal Form' (Vishvarupa) which is beyond the ordinary limits of human perception or imagination.[3]

In almost all Hindu denominations, Vishnu is either worshipped directly or in the form of his ten avatara, most famous of whom are Rama and Krishna.[4] The Puranabharti describes each of these Dasavatara of Vishnu. Among the ten principal Avatara described, nine have occurred in the past and one will take place in the future, at the end of Kali Yuga. These incarnations take place in all Yugas in cosmic scales, the avatars and their stories show that god is indeed unimaginable, unthinkable and unbelievable. The Bhagavad Gita mentions their purpose as being to rejuvenate Dharma[5] and vanquish negative forces, the forces of evil that threaten Dharma, as also to display His divine nature in front of the conditioned/fallen souls.

The Trimurti (English: ‘three forms’; Sanskrit: trimūrti) is a concept in Hinduism "in which the cosmic functions of creation, maintenance, and destruction are personified by the forms of Brahma the creator, Vishnu the maintainer or preserver, and Shiva the destroyer or transformer."[6][7] These three deities have been called "the Hindu triad"[8] or the "Great Trinity".[9] Of the three members of the Trimurti, the Bhagavata Purana, which espouses the Vaishnavite viewpoint, explains that the greatest benefit can be had from Vishnu.[10]"

from wilkipedia

#36     Mar 20, 2012
  7. Gueco

Gueco

is this an hindu religion class now?

#37     Mar 20, 2012
  8. Lol, owned! Now if only Rodney King turned out to be the real Rodney King :D

Anyway - some people are just more suited to trading. Running a normal business requires great organisational and management/motivational skills. Traders tend to be more either cerebral types (investors, options traders, quants, macro traders) or game-playing types (day-traders, market-makers) - neither type is noted for being a great business executive or people motivator. I can barely answer my post and pay my bills on time, there's no way I could organise and run a company employing lots of people (except by BSing someone else to do it). But I can certainly spend all day looking at markets, reading about them, planning what to do etc.

Entrepreneurs rarely make great traders and vice versa, just like marathon runners don't usually make great NBA players or wrestlers and vice versa. So, if you're a natural entrepreneur, do that. If you're a natural trader, do that. Play to your strengths.

#38     Mar 20, 2012
  9. You are also a moron who doesn't know how to spell loser, which was a pet peeve described in Altucher's most recent article.

#39     Mar 20, 2012
  10. Gueco

Gueco

I just retested the QQQ crash system with a proper exit. Using no leverage it gives 13% per year since 2000. Since 2008 we have 12% anual return.

Altucher, are you sure you were not lying to your blog readers about trading? I think you were.

#40     Mar 20, 2012