Dick Grasso grabs 139 million $$

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peter77, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Does anybody understand how the NYSE works???????
    There are a lot of myths out there and i think its time to clarify

1) THE NYSE is NOT a quasi gov't regulated business....they are a PRIVATE organization ( unlike NASDAQ that went public a few years ago and is basically worthless)

2) The salaries of the SEC, Greenspan, and CEO's of other public companies cannot be compared to his.....those are public and government positions that are set by congress and shareholders...the NYSE can pay whatever it wants

3) The job of the NYSE is NOT and orderly market ( even if they claim that)...the job of the NYSE is to provide trading posts where members of the exchange can make as much money as possible while stying in compliance with any applicable SEC regulations.

4) IF GRASSO was not doing what they wanted he would not get the $$$ from the members...IF G. SACHS, BEAR and SLK did not agree with his pay, trust me , he would not get it, so this whole compensation committee is bogus.

5) Grasso's main function is to meet and greet as many companies as possible and get them listed on the exchange....If he could somehow get, MSFT or INTC to list, wouldn't it easily bring 130 mill in revenues to the NYSE over the next 5-10 years?

while i do think it is a huge sum, ask yourself this:

who is head of NASDAQ?
    Who is head of AMEX?
    CBOT?
    CINC?
    CHX?
    PHLX?

If you were an up and coming fortune 500 company and the heads of NAZ, CHX, and AMEX approached you......would you know them? ...now think about Grasso and his high profile strolling into your corp. HQ and asking you to list on NYSE...
    he is easily the most recognizable figure and with the economy improving and firms looking to get public, he will surely make them that much money X 10 over the next few years.

#41     Sep 15, 2003
  2. http://www.nyse.com/regulation/p1020656068597.html?displayPage=/regulation/1022221392702.html

The NYSE is not a regulator even if they and the federal government say they are?

You have your viewpoint. It's misinformed and stupid, but it's yours and can't anybody take it away from you. :p

See ya in the trenches.

#42     Sep 15, 2003
  3. Even on this board there are those who would equate Grasso with crooks like Milken ebbers etc, which is perfectly correct, but then EXCUSE him.

Yes, Martha Stewart is an awful person, but dickless grasso is OK.

There are all kinds of honest, humble hard working people heading exchanges etc, and yes we don't know their names. We do however know the names of the crooks.

Dickless would do better to act normal rather than that hang dog goofy act he always puts on in public. Hopefully he will go to jail, but I wouldn't count on it.

Grasso may be the bad guy, but thel comic idiots in the opera are Kudlow and Cramer, they had to have set a world record for grovelling.

I have an expensive satellite feed to get MSNBC in Europe. What a waste.

#43     Sep 15, 2003
    #44     Sep 15, 2003
    #45     Sep 15, 2003
  6. good assumption.
    obviously no IQ test to post on this board

#46     Sep 16, 2003
  7. Wipe the balls from your eyes tea-bagger...where did I say they were not regulated???? They are known as an SRO...Self regulated organization....the funniest part is that you are calling me stupid...this is why i'm against incest...people like you get created

see this quote

"Almost $200 million in heretofore undisclosed payments in 3 years to a person who heads a quasi-governmental organization that owes its advantages not to free competition but to enabling federal laws and regulations and that is accountable directly to the SEC ."

This is what I was responding to but you never read it, you just start name calling

#47     Sep 16, 2003
  8. The NYSE is an SRO? No shit Sherlock. Who do you think allows them to police themselves? Uhh, could it be the federal government through enabling statutes and regulations???

You know what's more funny than calling you stupid? You keep proving it over and over. Get a clue STUPID. :p

#48     Sep 16, 2003
  9. You just don't get it do you????? I was pointing out that they are not a 'quasi governmental " or federal agency......it's essentially a private club that regulates itself.....they are not there for benefit of investors or citizens ...they are there strictly for the benefit of themselves....what a jack ass you are....your picking and choosing little things and taking them out of context....but indulge me, tell me how long you've been with a NYSE firm and how many licenses you have with them???

#49     Sep 16, 2003
  10. Your post clearly indicates that you are right: no IQ test to post on this board.

In the U.S.A., we are innocent until proven guilty; so far, there is no indication whatsoever that Grasso did anything wrong. No indication that he bribed or colluded with the NYSE board members. Therefore, in the spirit of what it means to be an american, I assume Grasso is innocent as should ALL americans for lack of any evidence to the contrary.

For a foreigner your post is understandable; however, if you do happen to be an american, you apparently have quite a bit to learn about the rights afforded to citizens (namely, the right to be regarded as innocent until proven gulity).

I applaud Grasso on his 140 million dollar acheivement and rebuke him for giving back the other 45 million. Should evidence come out to show that he engaged in illegal practices, I will be THE FIRST to say that he should go to prison and give back the money! If the SEC wanted caps on how much boards of regulating agencies make, then such should have been laid out in its own laws. As far as I can tell, Grasso did nothing legally or morally wrong (is it morally wrong to accept 200 million dollars for your services?)

That's my take on it!

#50     Sep 16, 2003