DIck Cheneys Pregnant Gay Daughter - lol!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bsmeter2, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Any of the ass backward RepubliKKKlan IM-moral minority care to comment on this hilarious state of affairs?

This is off Chinese Newspapers. American government controlled "libe-rroolll" media isn't talking. ROTFLAMO! :D

Cheney's lesbian daughter expecting 1st child
    (Agencies)
    Updated: 2006-12-07 10:57

Mary Cheney, the vice president's openly gay daughter and political adviser, has revealed today that she is pregnant, bringing good news to the vice president's family and a very angry reaction from Christian conservatives.

Mary Cheney, left, daughter of Vice President Dick Cheney, sits with her partner, Heather Poe, in Madison Square Garden during the Republican National Convention in New York in this Wednesday, Sept. 1, 2004 file photo. Mary Cheney is pregnant, according to a published report. Cheney, 37, and her partner of 15 years, Heather Poe, 45, are 'ecstatic' about the baby, due in late spring, The Washington Post reported in Wednesday's editions, quoting an unnamed source close to the couple. [AP]

Mary Cheney, 37, and her partner of 15 years, Heather Poe, 45, are expecting a baby, said Lea Anne McBride, a spokeswoman for the vice president. The baby is due in late spring.

Many in this key Republican constituency say that it's a disaster for the vice president's daughter to have a child without an apparent father.

"The vice president and Mrs. Cheney are looking forward with eager anticipation" to the arrival of their sixth grandchild, McBride said.

McBride would not answer questions about how the child was conceived, or say whether the vice president considered Heather Poe, Mary Cheney's partner of 15 years, the other mother of the child.

While Grandma and Grandpa Cheney are no doubt celebrating the pregnancy, the fact that their sixth grandchild will have two mommies is potentially awkward for the Bush administration.

The administration has called for a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage and won re-election in 2004 in no small part because of its opposition to gay and lesbian marriage.

Many political observers believe that issue helped motivate Christian conservatives to the polls, especially in key swing states such as Ohio, where a statewide referendum banning same-sex marriage was on the ballot.

"I believe that marriage is a union between a man and a woman," President Bush said to the applause of an Iowa crowd on Oct. 26, 2006, after the New Jersey Supreme Court instructed the state legislature to provide the same legal rights to same-sex couples as to straight couples, leaving it up to lawmakers as to whether such arrangement would be called "marriage." "And I believe it's a sacred institution that is critical to the health of our society and the well-being of families, and it must be defended."

As Texas governor, Bush opposed gay couples being able to legally adopt. "I believe children ought to be adopted in families with a woman and a man who are married," he said. In an interview last year with the New York Times, the president said "studies have shown that the ideal is where a child is raised in a married family with a man and a woman."

Vice President Cheney has said that he opposes a federal amendment banning same-sex marriage, preferring to leave that up to the states. And Mary Cheney clearly disagrees with her father's boss, the man she worked hard to re-elect in 2000 and 2004. Earlier this year, she told ABC News' Diane Sawyer that "every study has confirmed what matters is that children are raised in a loving and supportive environment. And there's no reason why that can't be provided by a same sex couple."

She also told Sawyer that from her perspective, "Heather and I already are married. We have built a home and a life together. I hope I get to spend the rest of my life with her. The way I look at it is, we're just waiting for state and Federal law to catch up with us."

As news of Cheney's pregnancy hit Washington, D.C., Wednesday, it quickly emerged as an issue in the battle between entrenched groups representing differing views of morality in the country. In an interview with ABC News, Janice Crouse, an official with the conservative advocacy group Concerned Women for America, called Cheney's pregnancy "wrong."

"They're deliberately bringing a child into the world without a father, leaving a great gaping hole," Crouse said. "Father absence is the biggest problem we're facing in this country" she said and "the root cause of all sorts of negative outcomes - drug use, juvenile delinquency, you name it."

Similar sentiments were expressed by Robert Knight, director of the Culture and Media Institute of the Media Research Center. "I think it's tragic that a child has been conceived with the express purpose of denying it a father," Knight said. "Fatherhood is important and always will be, so if Mary and her partner indicate that that is a trivial matter, they're shortchanging this child from the start."

"Mary and Heather can believe what they want," Knight added, "but what they're seeking is to force others to bless their non-marital relationship as marriage" and to "create a culture that is based on sexual anarchy instead of marriage and family values."

Conversely, Jennifer Chrisler, the executive director of Family Pride, an advocacy group for gay and lesbian parents and their families, seized upon Cheney's baby news to underline what she sees as injustice. "As Mary and Heather enter into the life-changing roles of parents, they will quickly face the reality the reality that no matter how loved their child will be - by its mothers and its grandparents, aunts & uncles, cousins and close family friends ? he or she will never have the same protections that other children born to heterosexual couples enjoy," Chrisler said. "Mary and Heather currently live in Virginia. Unless they move to a handful of less restrictive states, Heather will never be able to have a legal relationship with her child" since Mary Cheney will be the birth mother and Virginia does not recognize the legal status of same sex couples.

Chrisler added that "Grandfather Cheney "has been complicit in the largest full-scale attack on the LGBT" - lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender - "community in modern history. ... Grandfather Cheney will no doubt face a lifetime of sleepless nights as he reflects on the irreparable harm he and his Administration have done to the millions of American gay and lesbian parents and their children."

Vice President Cheney's office said it would not have any comment on Mary's pregnancy beyond their statement this morning. In Davenport, Iowa, in August 2004, the vice president said that "With respect to the question of relationships, my general view is that freedom means freedom for everyone. People ought to be free to enter into any kind of relationship they want to."

Some conservatives believe that Mary Cheney's lesbianism has tempered Mr. Bush's support for the constitutional ban on same sex marriage. "The Cheney situation clearly tempered what Mr. Bush said about the marriage issue," Knight said. "He may have backed the marriage amendment, but he didn't really put a lot of effort into it."

2. I always get the feeling there is something very sleazy about Mr Cheney.

3. I always get the feeling there is something very sleazy about
    anyone who gets a feeling there is something very sleazy about
    Vice President Cheney.

4. What a coincidence. This story makes me, too, think there are some sleazy folks in our society. Not Mr Cheney, though.

5. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

6. Arnie

Arnie

What a dumbass!!!

Mezvinsky traveled to Nigeria numerous times and ultimately lost more than $3 million as a victim of the scammers.

Prosecutors say Mezvinsky fell particularly hard for what is known as the "black money" scam. Victims are told millions of dollars have been coated with black ink so the money could be smuggled out of Nigeria.

The scammers then offer to sell a special, expensive chemical to remove the black ink so the currency can be used.

7. Yes, it is a good one when she is GAY.

So what is wrong with Chelsea?

Now, how negligent were the klansmen when dealing with pedophiles in midst of them?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16107115/

House Ethics finds GOP leaders negligent...

8. Now you are talking about some Nigerian scam....

http://www.sptimes.com/2002/03/15/State/US_fraud_suit_targets.shtml

"In 1989, Eller, a major Republican contributor, formed a company with Bush, Bush-El, to market MWI's industrial water pumps abroad. Bush has described Eller as a "person of integrity."

Twice while his father was in the White House, Bush visited Nigeria as a water pump representative. He visited Nigerian dignitaries and was showered with attention, including a parade for him in 1989 with 1,300 horses.

Jeb Bush sold his share in Bush-El in 1994, and has said he earned about $648,000 from the company.

He has insisted that he received no money on the Nigerian deals, saying he took no commissions on sales backed by U.S. loans to avoid a potential conflict of interest. He said his earnings came from his work in other countries, including Mexico, Indonesia and Malaysia, but in 1998 declined to detail that work. "

9. A lot of Democrats are illiterate. We might have to put sound to
    this story so they hear it...

At least the Mighty Republicans are trying to educate them...

10. Most Democrats are GAY. She has probably been duped temporarily
    by one. She will come back to normalcy. Give her time...

You sure have pedophiles on your mind. I bet you have a lot of
    pictures of little boys and girls on your computer.

#10     Dec 8, 2006