Diary of a Mad Swing Trader

Discussion in 'Journals' started by trajecto, Jul 19, 2003.

1. trajecto

trajecto

Greetings All!

I appologize I could not begin this diary on the exact day of my trade I wanted to start with here but just so you know I am not starting as a liar I will begin with this apparently losing trade:

2003.07.14 LONG UPCS @ 1.94

I am not going to note number of shares in this journal, only percentages lost or gained.

2003.07.18 UPCS closed today @ 1.7
    (-12.37% from 1.94)

Let the games begin!

• upcs.gif
      File size:
      19.8 KB
      Views:
  2. funky

funky

what is your strategy?

3. trajecto

trajecto

Please define "strategy"

4. If you don't know what strategy is, maybe you shouldn't be doing this.

5. hmmmm............

your choice of words is ambiguous. Perhaps I can help.....

'mad'
    can be construed as

1) angry, infuriated etc....

or,

2) mentally insane, unstable, psychologically sick

i think you were trying to convey the second 1, so better choices would be....

1)diary of a madman trader
    2)diary of a psycho puppy
    3)diary of a lunatic cum trader
    4)diary of a sick mind in trading

you get the drift.................

have a nice afternoon,

triple

6. Good luck with your journal.

Are you still in this trade? Are you saying it closed or you closed it.

Just some advice. If you are going to commit to this, you need to give a little more info to the members. The very least you should state your overall intentions of keeping this up. If it is just a public place for you to type away at then so be it. Just let us know. I think most people who start public journals are looking for a little guidance, not gratification. After all, what real merit is there is in a 'high five" from a computer screen.

Anyway, you are new and I want to say welcome. It is a big committment to start a journal at such a young posting age.

7. trajecto

trajecto

Dear Friends and Countrymen...

Please let my trades speak for themselves. I dare not lead you astray, for I come in peace as a fellow. I will most certainly apprise you of my actions and intentions.

TMTrader
    I wasn't talking to you, I was speaking to funky, what's your problem? People like you distract me from trading.

triple_j
    Thank you so much for being open minded and so nice. I choose definition 2 - 1)diary of a madman trader... well... psycho puppy sounds pretty good too!

VisionTrader
    Yes I am still in this trade and like I say I will inform all of exactly every move I make. This is real, not an exercise.

8. I always had better luck waiting for a pullback.

At least the trend is still intact, the bad entry may not matter in month or so.

9. trajecto,

I had no intenrion to ridicule or discourage you, but it is expected from a trader to know what a trading strategy is.

In short trading strategy is the foundation of your trading. It will include: the specific trigers for you to enter a position, your expectation from each position, your money management, your risk/reward strategy and so fourth...

When you expect feedback from other traders, it is very important to know what triggered your trade, what is the expectation and target, the timeframe, otherwise there is no way to give any constructive advice.

TM Trader

10. trajecto

trajecto

Please turn to page 25 of How to Make Money in Stocks by William J. O'Neil and read along...

The hard-to-accept great paradox in the stock market is that what seems too high and risky to the majority usually goes higher and what seems low and cheap usually goes lower.

#10     Jul 20, 2003