diamond trim paid speaker for trade ideas

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bighitter1, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. here you are hyping trade ideas for years and now you're a paid speaker for there $999 seminar. i don't trust anyone on this board its all bullshit. from all he fake blotters to your hype

2. Why dont you just leave then and stop posting all this crap about everything being BS?

3. traderob

traderob

Do you have a link about this.

4. http://marketmovers.blogspot.com/2006/02/invitation-1st-annual-trade-ideas.html

"DiamondTrim" - Professional Trader
    DiamondTrim is an alias for a trader well known to readers of EliteTrader and a few other trading forums on the internet. DiamondTrim was one of the first 'power-users' to understand the value of Trade-Ideas and apply its idea generation capabilities to his trading plan. The result generated multiple successes. DiamondTrim, in addition to revealing his true identity, will also discuss his trading set-up, how he develops and tests new strategies, and what makes himself an 'efficient predator' in the market.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

5. They ought to tape it and put it online for free. As a user, I think it would be nice. At $45 a month, they should include this for free.

6. $999. i just think it's decietful that someone's been pumping on here for years and is a paid speaker for it. IT'S IMMORAL AS HELL AND AGAINST THE POLICIES OF ELITE TRADER TO SPAM WITHOUT BEING A PID SPONSER

7. Hello:

I think a couple of things should be said about this.

First, I believe it SHOULD be possible for a trader to promote a product they believe in. I think there must be a proper way to do that so that everyone is comfortable with it.

I think to do it right, a trader has to show people that he or she is a person of good will. To me, that means they are up front with their agenda, they talk openly about their plans to associate themselves with a product, they answer all questions in a professional manner, and there are no "gotchas" in the deal.

I think they have to be "above reproach".

I notice that it is unusal for a trader or a vendor to take the time and effort to promote their product(s) in that fashion. To me that is very disappointing and it causes some of the problems that we see this evening. I would like to think that it is all a misunderstanding, but, I have to admit, I don't like the way it looks.

Really too bad.

Steve

8. jem

jem

anyone who has ever read a few threads about trade ideas, knows that diamond trim was a shill. He was called out more than once.

I also suspect he was full of crap about his successes. I am also willing to bet he is one of the owners.

All this is speculation. But, I think it is well founded speculation.

No one would spend two years unabashedly hyping a limited capababilty product without having some sort of financial interest.

I agree it is not very sincere. But it is not illegal and it is not the worst thing I have ever seen. I think it would have been better to have worked out a deal with Baron, set up some really useful screens and show people how to make money with the software.

Since it has not been done by diamond trim... you can draw your own conclusions

9. kowboy

kowboy

I am disappointed in the commercialization of a poster whom we've followed, presumably heretofore, an independent trader free of commercial interests. It would be more appropriate if an ET member wants to recommend and help other members, that it be done gratis (free). Otherwise the underlying motives become suspect.

What utter bull karp not to divulge upfront.

#10     Feb 20, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.