Diamond Topping Formation 2/23/18

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Spooz Top 2, Feb 23, 2018.

1. "arbing an order, local or paper coming in"

WHOA. What the heck do these mean?!?!?

#51     Apr 21, 2018
  2. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

Yes stand corrected on one part. continue on, switching channels now.:D

#52     Apr 21, 2018
  3. manonfire

manonfire

For the youngsters that was at a $500 multiplier, $50 a tick. I remember paying around $30 rt and you got novel long daily statements mailed. Can’t even recall how much data was. Trade Station was a charting package you bought for $2500 if I recall correctly.

Now I am having flashbacks to the nyfe and value line.

#53     Apr 21, 2018
    Spooz Top 2 likes this.
  4. manonfire

manonfire

#54     Apr 21, 2018
  5. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

Yes those were the Flintstones days, Some brokerages had trading rooms where retail traders would gather-about comparing there approaches and than phone orders. But the commish way high and hand delivered or arbd to the pits. I left before the FBI sting. I saw many floor traders in the Grain pits pocketing paper orders until days end to be filled at whatever price. Customers wouldn't know what price they got until the runners would come back to pick them up off the floor after the close. Pain Weber, Heinold commodities and many many others long gone.

#55     Apr 21, 2018
    Spooz Top 2 likes this.
  6. KevinD

KevinD

Just a thought..but maybe YOU can adapt to the terminology instead of asking everyone else to cater to your lack of knowledge about the matter.

#56     Apr 21, 2018
  7. KevinD

KevinD

Yeah, I do remember the $500 multiplier, but on the flipside the markets were a different animal back then. Then around 97 I believe the big contract (S&P) went to $250 about the time they launched the e-mini's..made it a nice conversion of 5 ES = 1 SP.

But you also probably remember that there was pushback by a lot of brokers than wanted to still charge full freight on the e-mini's even though they were 1/5th the size.

#57     Apr 21, 2018
  8. Overnight

Overnight

*sighs* You were the old way, make way for the new? Hehe.

#58     Apr 21, 2018
  9. KevinD

KevinD

I'm still relatively young...but that is besides the point.

I just find it kind of offensive the amount of shit that is thrown the way of Spooz Top. The guy is using lingo that could easily be googled and has been used on this site forever, so it's just laziness to have to chastise him for using what is commonplace.

#59     Apr 21, 2018
    Spooz Top 2 and tom2 like this.
  10. Overnight

Overnight

Where was there chastising in the thread? It was just a request. Anyways, drop it. Sorry I brought it up. Yikes!

#60     Apr 21, 2018