Diamond Topping Formation 2/23/18

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Spooz Top 2, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Spooz Top 2

Spooz Top 2

I`m not trying to come off as arrogant here but have you ever traded on a trading desk or trading floor?
    I have & I can assure you that this is the terminology that we have always used for any futures contract.... S&P`s, Metals, Softs, etc.
    4 ticks = 1 Handle... 10 cars would be a 10 Lot, etc.

Iv`e never traded Forex so I wouldn`t know what Lingo they use... except that one Tick = a Pip... aside from that.. I know nothing of Forex at all.

#41     Apr 20, 2018
    manonfire and Van_der_Voort_4 like this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

We're not on a trading floor, we are not at a trading desk. We're on a trading forum where certain conventions are recognized by the majority of the audience. By mentioning the above, you are coming off as arrogant.

It was just a request. Thanks for the feedback.

#42     Apr 20, 2018
  3. Spooz Top 2

Spooz Top 2

Sorry you feel that way, man... It`s better for you to know the proper terminology than using some fabricated teenager computer talk, wouldn`t you think?... keeping it real & consistent is the only way I know... anything else wouldn`t really be genuine.

#43     Apr 20, 2018
    KevinD likes this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

#44     Apr 20, 2018
  5. Spooz Top 2

Spooz Top 2

I think someone had a really rough day... might be a good time for some cocktails!

#45     Apr 20, 2018
  6. truetype

truetype

Exactly right. A "car" is a rail car's worth, from the days when grains were the only futures markets. (Not clear how many S&Ps fit in a rail car though).

#46     Apr 20, 2018
    Spooz Top 2 likes this.
  7. manonfire

manonfire

Ah the pre interwebs lexicon of a trader. Careful, that kids mind may explode if you start using terms like arbing an order, local or paper coming in.

#47     Apr 20, 2018
    Spooz Top 2 likes this.
  8. Spooz Top 2

Spooz Top 2

9. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

Maybe for the youngsters like yourself who started in the 90's, but back in around 80 when i was at the CBOT that was not case. It was a 1/4 point and a point. It probably came about when the Merc was loaded with spoiled youngsters backed by there rich daddies. Were they not good in math or did it make more sense to transition to ticks since the currencies were nearby? But the Handle?, from a personal standpoint it does make it easier to take a loss in handles than in points? Still means the same thing as far as money is concerned.

#49     Apr 20, 2018
    Spooz Top 2 and manonfire like this.
  10. Spooz Top 2

Spooz Top 2

Kinda surprised we`re having this discussion of a Handle & why it upsets or confuses anyone?

S&P`s pit traded contract started trading in April `82 & traded in dimes... .10s...not a 10th of a point... 10 ticks equates to a complete point or a full Handle... Tomato - To mah to.

#50     Apr 20, 2018