Diamond Topping Formation 2/23/18

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Spooz Top 2, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Spooz Top 2

Spooz Top 2

I don`t have a preference in a Bear vs Bully Market... but I do have a preference towards Vol as it is the lifeblood to a traders survival & profitability ... doesn`t have to be the Accordion markets we saw back in the late 90`s with LTCM, Ruble Collapse, Asian Contagion, as those days were as good as it gets, but Vol is required, even by todays` standards.

That said, Most if not all turning points to Bear markets were prefaced by sudden Vol infused in the markets... If going into a Bear provides us with Vol/ oxygen , then so be it!

Last 11 Bears were prefaced by the type of Vol we are seeing now after a 9 yr melt up with non existing Vol.

-September 1929 to June 1932
    -May 1946 to June 1949
    -December 1961 to June 1962
    -November 1968 to May 1970
    -January 1973 to October 1974
    -November 1980 to August 1982
    -August 1987 to December 1987
    -March 2000 to October 2002
    -October 2007 to March 2009

I feel that the PA is warning the participants of whats to come as it displays all of the characteristics of significant drops that ignore support levels followed by ruthless 100 Handle Rips north... You may want to gauge the time intervals between each event... kinda telling where we sit today.
    This is a game of observation & what I`m seeing currently... I felt compelled to share it.

-Steve

#31     Apr 7, 2018
    treeman and Spectre2007 like this.
  2. So far what’s been paying, buying dips and selling rips. Everyone is anticipating a monumental crash, so the knee jerk to position short is there. But can only position on rips up. It takes courage and huge bankroll to position short and endure drawdown on moves back up.

I don’t think anyone is calling for new highs. Sentiment is heavily weighted negative.

#32     Apr 7, 2018
  3. Spooz Top 2

Spooz Top 2

Entering "Sweet Spot" here .. My Shotgun Formation is in place as expected inflection point @ desired 2720 zone can be quick & fierce!

... And so it was.. TL Kisses are quick & don`t require PA confirm, just the Kiss... I was really hoping for most of my sell scale to be picked up here... had more to sell between 2720-30 window... was able to get off 9... 9 of 40 offered in shotgun formation, as I was way too conservative... Stop bumped to even @19 .. Anticipating a move to 2575 Zone.

#33     Apr 20, 2018
  4. Spooz Top 2

Spooz Top 2

3 SLD @ 94.50 on the overnight.... Total 12 Car position.

3 x +28.50 @ 4275
    3 x +53.00 @ 7950
    ----------------------
    +12,225 ........ remaining 6 cars from 2719 will run ... trailer bumped down a bit.

#34     Apr 20, 2018
  5. Spooz Top 2

Spooz Top 2

** Journal Update**

I`m afraid I left some Scarole on the table here .. little too anxious to ring that register... didn`t want to sit around for a 15 handle rip followed by a 15 handle gap in the am. It is what it is.

6 cars x 48.50 = 14,550
    6 cars Previous = 12,225
    ------------------------------
    + $26,775 less commish

#35     Apr 20, 2018
  6. Show your account growth rate curve, I'd love to see or sense the overall progression.
    That's much more of a better gauge of overall trader skill and performance.

There's no point in trading...if you're bobbing up and down, in neutral.
    Making a boat load one day, then erasing it another day.

This is your journal, not mine...I don't have to make calls. If I wanted to do such, then I would have created a journal a long time ago.
    If you can't take the heat from on-lookers, then get out of the kitchen o_O, :banghead:
    I ask a valid question, and you get defensive.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    #36     Apr 20, 2018
  7. Spooz Top 2

Spooz Top 2

LMAO... Who the hell are you, troll? Why don`t you make a single call , entry & exit ?

You are the biggest bullshitter here & those that win can see directly thru you... you don`t comprehend that because you don`t!

#37     Apr 20, 2018
    Gotcha likes this.
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Spooz, what are you trading here? I suppose we can only glean from your prices and that chart, that you mean the ES, yes? The S&P e-mini futures?

#38     Apr 20, 2018
  9. Spooz Top 2

Spooz Top 2

Correct... ES Mini

#39     Apr 20, 2018
  10. Overnight

Overnight

As a favor, could you refer to the normal terminology of futures when mentioning trading futures? You keep mentioning cars and handles...I think that comes from forex? It is confusing.

Ticks, points and contracts. :)

#40     Apr 20, 2018