Diagnosing the Republican Brain

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Apr 3, 2012.

1. G-Unit

G-Unit

1.) Name a country whose health care system where zero government involved which is better than another other health care system out there. You won't be able to. There are none. That's because the healthcare system does not work best on it own without government.

2.) So what if you have life-threatening condition and you can't afford treatment? Just die?

3.) You don't even name how it is unsound. It's because our government wastes money in other areas like wars that there's no money there. Just as it uses money from social security to pay for war which you probably hate too (Social Security that is).

4.) You just said that 95 yr old lady was stealing for using money that's not hers. She's a crook. Lock her up along with your grandparents. LOL.

You have no solution. What is your solution to take care of the elderly? Zero solution except complain about the government. You must from the south to hate the government that bad.

Do you have a talk with your grandparents about the evils of Medicare?

You are a true Republican. Believe in the survival of the fitest and let the weak die off. We do live in a society you know. Perhaps when you fall upon hard times, you will think differently. But our exchange shows the difference.

#51     Apr 8, 2012
  2. G-Unit

G-Unit

That explains it.. they probably died early so you never had the Medicare conversation with them. You can't have empathy because you have no grandparents you can relate to. Well perhaps your parents are old enough to be in Medicare? Have you told them that Medicare is evil?

So you will refuse Medicare if you could when you're old? You will pay the rightfull high insurance rates and large medical bills without Medicare.

Long live the Confederacy!!

#52     Apr 8, 2012
  3. 1) And you won't find any system of free govt healthcare without significant problems. govt makes it worse not better. "if you think health care is expensive now ; just wait til it's free"

2) I've been faced with that prospect before; everybody dies: a brilliant point I thought you made before.

3) I told you medicare is financially unsound on an actuarial basis: how much clearer do you need?

4) In the example we were discussing the lady used her own money, keep twisting things (lying ) and I will be forced to assume you are a moron.
    5) Sure I do , you just don't like it.
    People are responsible for paying for goods and services they consume. If you cannot or are unwilling to pay outright, buy insurance to limit your liability.

#53     Apr 8, 2012
  4. G-Unit

G-Unit

But all seriousness.. can a Republican come up with a healthcare plan that will cover people or at least make health care affordable here without government at all? There just aren't any systems like that in the whole world. I don't care gov. or not. Just want the health care system here to improve where it's affordable. If they can come up with a way to deal with it. I'm all for it but they don't have any ideas.

But perhaps, that's just not their goal. Don't care about others. Everyone is on their own. Too bad.

I get it now. The Republican philosophy. Sociopaths.

#54     Apr 8, 2012
  5. G-Unit

G-Unit

1. Ask people in Europe whether they want to go to our system of healthcare. People would object and riot. No one in the industialized world wants to go to the pre-Obamacare healthcare system we had before here for their own country. Sorry pal but that's a false scare. I've spoken to people in France about their system and they said our system sucks. They think it's absurd to pay $100-200 to see a doctor here.

4. No.. you said she the 95 year old was using money that didn't belong to her. You defined it as larceny.

5. Your point of everyone getting insurance is flawed. At a certain age, insurance rates go through the roof for a self-insured person simply because of AGE. If it wasn't for government, insurance would not be affordable for the old.

You still cannot come up with a system without gov. intervention. You said everyone is free to get insurance. That's what we had before. People get discriminated on health conditions. Old people would not be able to afford health insurance. Sorry but your idea wouldn't work. Best solution is to just let the weak and sick die according to the right.

#55     Apr 8, 2012
  6. 1) no I'm libertarian
    2) I believe adaptive behavior reinforces itself and govt has no business penalizing adaptive behavior while subsidizing maladaptive behavior.

3) yes , and that society should protect the property rights of all individuals against , enemies foreign or domestic

4) What makes you think I embrace the liberal habit of rules and philosophy are only for the unwashed to follow and that "I the enlightened liberal " am exempt?

#56     Apr 8, 2012
  7. Provided taxpayer money is not used it's:
    The only sensible thing you've said tonight.

#57     Apr 8, 2012
  8. G-Unit

G-Unit

Libertarians are part of the Republican party. There is a R in front of Ron Paul's party. Although he is shunned by the establishment. I wonder why he is even there. He isn't even taken seriously by them. He should just run as an independent.

Like I said, what is your health care system? Everyone for themselves? Sorry but old people get left out. That would be the worst system ever. You don't get it.

The old cannot fend for themselves. You were talking about adaptive behaviors. They can barely adapt. They are old. They have health problems more than normal folks. Insurance companies on their own do not want to cover them. That is where your argument is flawed. The ultimate solution for you is to let them die? Correct?

We live in a civilized modern society. What would be your health care solution for taking care of the elderly? Like I said Charity wouldn't cut it.

You sound like President Hoover. When the great depression was going on, he did nothing. He asked rich people to donate to the poor but got nothing. Wonder why FDR is on the dime and Hoover lives in obscurity along with W. Bush. Go read about it. Educate yourself.

You must hate FDR.. FDR is basically the father of the modern democratic party.

#58     Apr 8, 2012
  9. 1) They lived until it was time for them to go, no tragedy.
    empathy is not justification for immoral and piss poor govt policy that does more harm than good.

3) yes many times
    4) No, I'll take it just to pi$$ you off. Of course it's going to be obamacare instead whoohoo! We're gonna live it up baby FREE HEALTH CARE!

5) ?

#59     Apr 8, 2012
  10. Govt should stay away from attempting to manage an economy: it always ends in disaster yet you think more intrusion is the solution.

Good luck with that.

#60     Apr 8, 2012