Diagnosing the Republican Brain

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Apr 3, 2012.

1. G-Unit

G-Unit

Yes.. to some degree. It is to ensure that in case you find yourself in a bad situation, there is a safety net for you. Again, you can't take things for granted. Anything bad can happen at any time. I personally have never used those programs and don't plan to but in reality I want them to be there if some thing really bad happens through no fault of my own. Everyone needs a helping hand every once in a while. Don't take things for granted.

The person whom I was responding to about the 95 yr old grandma that takes $1 million to stay alive is false and unrealistic based on my experiences with the elderly. All elderly people expect to die and they plan for that. It's completely absurd and ignorant for that poster to say that the 95 old is selfish to take money to stay alive to watch Golden Girls. No money goes to them personally. If anything, Medicare helps pay for their hospital expenses that most old people cannot afford. Look up the rate of deaths and bankruptcies of old people before Medicare. I know personally that Medicare has helped many many people.

You don't want to pay for them but you will need it too at some point because you will be old too and will have health issues. Would you prefer not to have Medicare? So you pay a million dollars if you have a health condition at the old of 65? Without Medicare, health insurance companies will not cover old people because they have the most health problems.

Talk to your parents and grandparents about it and you'll have a better understanding.

#31     Apr 8, 2012
  2. You are mighty confused.
    If soft headed liberals were not insisting the govt provide them with everything under the sun( in this case free abortion) they(govt) would have no cause/excuse to regulate it.

IOW: you are whining and complaining about unintended consequences of soft-headed liberal idiotlogy as applied to the REAL world.

WAKE UP

#32     Apr 8, 2012
  3. Then that's just stealing or larceny if you think you have the right to coerce someone into disposing of their property rights by your whim .

#33     Apr 8, 2012
  4. G-Unit

G-Unit

The whole medical system here in the US is a scam. It does not need to be as expensive as it is. The health care system is one of the worst on the world in terms of affordability. All industrialized countries have better health care systems for regular folks than us. Sure if you have a million bucks to spend for the newest treatment here but if you don't have that, you're screwed. It's ignorant to say that Charity will take of it. There's not enough there to do the job.

It just sounds like you're really young like in the 20's or you haven't gotten sick. You just wait till you're older and you'll understand. Better lay off all those cigarettes and alcohol you abuse after you spent it partying at your age now. I've been there and done that.

Also, so you are against Medicare? So if you don't want to pay Medicare, do you realize how much your insurance bill will be when you're 65? You'd be paying thousands per month just for health insurance. Without Medicare, if you have a condition, you're stuck with the insurance you have. If you want to change, your insurance will go up huge because you have a pre-existing condition. Very few elderly are completely healthly. Most will have issues of one kind or another.

I just think that you take things for granted. Not realizing that you're going to be in those shoes at some point in your life too.

#34     Apr 8, 2012

5. WTF are you talking about ALL of the money spent in your example above was spent to benefit the 95yo.
    GEESH?

#35     Apr 8, 2012
  6. G-Unit

G-Unit

So, let me ask you? If you are old and when you have health problems (of course you will when you're old), you don't want Medicare? You won't accept it because it's not your money? Even though without it you will have to fork over thousands due to your health condition?

How old are you? Do you have grandparents? Do you call your grandparents a bunch of thieves?

#36     Apr 8, 2012
  7. G-Unit

G-Unit

None of the money goes their personal bank account. They can't give it away. They don't get to enjoy it or take personal pleasure from it. Also the medical scam system here overcharges anyhow. A million dollars worth of healthcare here in reality would be a few thousand in other countries.

#37     Apr 8, 2012
  8. G-Unit

G-Unit

Wonder why the Republicans keep coming up with those laws. How about no forced ultra-sound bills period? No one wants that anyhow (not the women getting one nor the doctor). How is that not Republican government intrusion?

#38     Apr 8, 2012
  9. A great deal of medical cost is people wanting something for nothing* and then wanting to sue for big bucks if a less than an optimal outcome arises.

* People are insulated from direct medical costs by insurance or govt payment: both drive up costs.

Govt forcing medical providers to give free service and personal BK due to medical bills drive up costs for everybody else.
    Once again liberals lament the unintended consequences of their soft headed whims once enacted.

I always find it amusing when people hint at or openly declare they think they should be able to control another persons earnings on their labor.

Don't want it, Don't buy it.
    Think it's a scam , Don't buy it.
    Starting to get the idea here?

#39     Apr 8, 2012
  10. G-Unit

G-Unit

The problem is that everyone does get ill at some point. We don't live forever. You're calling for the IMPOSSIBLE. It's not like broccoli where you can avoid it.

So, let me ask you? If you are old and when you have health problems (of course you will when you're old), you don't want Medicare? You won't accept it because it's not your money? Even though without it you will have to fork over thousands due to your health condition?

How old are you? Do you have grandparents? Do you call your grandparents a bunch of thieves?

#40     Apr 8, 2012