Diagnosing the Republican Brain

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Apr 3, 2012.

1. It may come as a surprise to morons like you but I DON'T WANT the teachings of jesus to be law.

Especially as interpreted by collectivist liberals aka fascists.

#21     Apr 4, 2012

2. selfish wtf are you taking about?
    I don't distinguish between the 2 .

As long as each is spending their money how they want to who cares?

If they are spending other people's money they are both equally wrong.

#22     Apr 4, 2012
  3. G-Unit

G-Unit

You are generalizing too much. Some people like I said get in bad situations through no fault of their own. I.E. some people get sick through no fault of their own. No one in this world wants to get sick. People want to be healthy so they have the opportunity to provide and work for themselves.

Government programs do help people. I know specific cases where they've helped others get on their feet. Not everyone is lazy and loves to live off of government. Government subsidies are only a safety net to help people get on their feet not designed for people to be lazy. The programs should be resigned so that can be geared for that.

Also I found it ironic that when people talk about gov. subsities, Republicans rant about money given to the poor but what about money given to the rich? Corporate Welfare? Companies that don't need the money but really still get it? Oil companies still get subsities from the government even though they make billions. They even admitted that they didn't need the money but yep the Republicans keep voting down bills to end subsities.

Personally, I'd rather see money go to the poor than the rich who don't need it. Exxon or Chevron are not going out of business anytime soon. LOL

#23     Apr 8, 2012
  4. G-Unit

G-Unit

If Jesus's teaching would be law, a lot of those on the right would be forced to give up their riches for the poor and some would be punished for adultery and greed. We wouldn't want that do we?

Also fascism has always been known as part of the right wing. Nazism is considered as right wing. No Aryan Brotherhood neo-Nazis KKK's in America would vote Democrat or Obama.

Pot calling kettle black.

#24     Apr 8, 2012
  5. G-Unit

G-Unit

What about hospitals that charge people 75K for a two week stay? They are ripping people off. Of course, EMT's don't make shit. EMT's make $12-15/hour yet hospitals bill people 2 K for an ambulance ride. Who is spending whose money here?

So if someone can't afford the rip off fees that hospitals charge? They should just let them die? If you get sick through no fault of your own and you can't pay the bills, they should let you die? or go file for bankruptcy? What if you get in a car accident where someone paralyzed you so you can't work anymore? Then what? Let you die?

So what if you got cancer? What if you lost your job because you have cancer? Then you lose your insurance because you lost your job? You can't afford the treatment because it costs an arm and a leg, then what? Just die?

There are many pollutants out there today and many that are carcinogenic yet companies deny that right? They say one of three people will get cancer of some kind during their lifetimes. What do you do with those that can't pay for their treatments? Death? Thought we lived in a modernized country.

Put yourself in other people's shoes. You could be there one day too. Never take things for granted.

#25     Apr 8, 2012
  6. I just say no to theocracy .

It does give me chuckle when soft headed liberals invoke jesus as an excuse for their collectivist ideals to be implemented by gubbermint.

Who do they think they are fooling? Virtually all the social turds bashing Christianity day & night on this board are liberals.

#26     Apr 8, 2012
  7. G-Unit

G-Unit

All in all, the Republican party is right now the party of the rich. The problem is that there aren't enough rich people in this country to garner all the votes because the majority of people are not rich. It is impossible for a society to all be rich. There will always be winners and losers (some by luck and some through merit). It is competitive to get to the top and some get a silver spoon advantage.

In order to get votes, they had to align themselves with someone so they align themselves with the ultra religious evangelicals. But they have no choice because rich people will not be enough to get the votes they need. So they convince the religious right to join them which leads to conflict within the party.

Often you get contradictions of the actions of the rich/elite of the party versus that of the religious. Party members will claim to be the party of family values and religion but often go against some of those values and welcome things such as greed is good because that is what the rich party is all about.

In a nut shell, that's what the party is about right now. Romney (Rich) vs. Santorum (Religious). They also try to scare people about the government taking over everything. Scaring people will making them vote for them. Especially in the south where culturally they hate the federal government as their lives have been interferred with enough by the FED gov. throughout history that they are the heart of the Republican party.

#27     Apr 8, 2012
  8. G-Unit

G-Unit

Aren't the republican party the ones to invoke laws that are against women't right to choice and contraception? Ultra-sound laws that are deemed medically unneccessary by doctors yet women have to pay for them if they want an abortion? Isn't that part of a government theocracy? No wonder Romney is losing. They keep shooting themselves in the foot yet they keep wanting to do it. Even though, it's unpopular. The Republicans in many states keep proposing these theocracy laws.

#28     Apr 8, 2012

9. I'm sorry everything you wrote as a reply to my quote is irrelevant.

My post exclusively focused on SPENDING vis a vis SELFISHNESS concerning the 2 situations depicted by peil.

My whole point is as long as they were spending their own money (or a contractual obligation purchased with their own funds, ie insurance) HOW they spent it is irrelevant.

Also whether you think they spent the money wisely or got ripped off is irrelevant too : it's NOT your money .

It sounds like you want the power to tell others how to spend their money. If that wish is realized then it's no longer their money now is it ?

#29     Apr 8, 2012

10. It's not the govt's responsibility to pay your bills regardless of cause.
    BK and charity are viable personal alternatives.

It never ceases to amaze me when people treat medical care as an infinite resource with no production costs.

#30     Apr 8, 2012