Dia Ssf

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by Mr. Bollinger, Apr 25, 2003.

1. I've been thinking about trading the DIA SSF with IB. I use Sierra Chart with IB data feed. The DIA SSF seems to have good volume to trade, but the only problem is, on IB the "last price" stays the same for about 30 minutes, and that's why I can't chart this. The bid and ask are continuously changing though. What's up with that???

Anyone here get clean SSF charts?

Also, anyone know if its possible in Sierra Chart to chart an SSF using the bid or ask price instead of last price?

2. McCloud

McCloud

3. On your Page Layout turn on the Volume column, and you'll see why the last price on the SSF doesn't change so often.

For any SSF, just chart the underlying stock. The bid/ask on the SSF move along with the stock price, the SSF Last Price doesn't change though unless someone trades one.

4. Thanks, didn't realize that. So it's possible to day trade SSF's using the underlying stock?

5. I put the underlying stock on my trading page, and put the SSF below the stock. The bid/ask on the SSF follow the stock price.
    The change in price of the stock is how much you're really up or down, not the last price the SSF traded at.

The bid/ask on the SSF are real, you can buy or sell at the prices quoted.