DHS Officers Armed With Semiautomatics Set Up Unannounced ID Checkpoint

Discussion in 'Politics' started by achilles28, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Ricter

Ricter

You always were in that world. What I don't get is why you're being voted on like you're a leftie.

#51     Jan 5, 2012
  2. Not sure if you are familiar with the site called Redditt but something similar happened in the politics section. Out of nowhere everything became dominated by liberals. If it was pro Obama it went to the top and if it was pro republican or...gasp...libertarian, it was buried under an avalanche of downvotes.

The coordination was so obvious that peope just learned to read it in reverse. If a comment had a bunch of upvotes it was probably bs and if it had a bunch of downvotes and got buried, someone probably said something of substance.

I see similarities here on ET, albeit on a much smaller scale.

#52     Jan 5, 2012
  3. Actually, treason is the only crime that's defined in the Constitution and Congress is supposed to create the offense.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treason#United_States

I absolutely agree about following the rule of law and also have very strong feelings about executing anyone who's actually convicted in a fair, lawful trial.

#53     Jan 5, 2012
  4. Serious question. Do you think I'm a Pentagon sockpuppet? Your frank opinion, please. I won't turn it into a flame war, just curious.

#54     Jan 5, 2012
  5. +1

#55     Jan 5, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

You're right, same here at P&R; the lower the rating the better the content (in general).

#56     Jan 5, 2012
  7. BSAM

BSAM

Is Ron Paul a kook?

Is the Constitution a kook?

#57     Jan 5, 2012
  8. BSAM

BSAM

You're approximately correct.
    Thread ratings mean nothing on the whole.

#58     Jan 5, 2012
  9. Of course not. The Constitution is the foundation for our entire society so if it's a kook then so are we all. Ron Paul is simply one of the few left in office who actually acknowledges their oath to protect and defend it.

Anyone who says otherwise is either misinformed regarding his positions, uninformed regarding the Constitution, or has a nefarious agenda to push anti American ideas....and from the looks of this country, I'd say the last group is winning.

#59     Jan 5, 2012
  10. achilles28

achilles28

And what of relevancy?

This Country is headed down the rathole at a furious clip, and the only guy in the race that will stop it, you refuse to vote for, because of something he *might* have wrote 20 years ago. How does that make sense? Would you feel better voting for an establishment "uniter" that will throw us into a military brig if we talk bad about America? Seriously.

As far as isolationism, I addressed that in your other thread but you didn't respond. Isolation is a bad idea when we're dealing with an aggressive power with the industrial and military capacity to back it up. True. Iraq, Iran, Yemen, and all these other shitholes might have the aspirations to turn the world into a gigantic Madras, but it ain't gonna happen. Delusions of grandeur. Iran is tearing around the Straights of Hormuz in speedboats, for f's sakes. There is no threat here. And if we we're attacked, Ron is no pussy. He would get a Congressional Declaration of War and go to town.

Anyway, I'm not sure any of this matters. We're just a bunch of people on the internet. Maybe we should start a superpac.

#60     Jan 5, 2012