Dgabriel's Swing Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by dgabriel, Oct 28, 2003.

1. FLML.

If this continues below Friday's low, I will look to re-short as it gets into this gap and remains and I would expect an initial target around 23 or as much as 22.5.

#31     Nov 2, 2003
  2. This is a bitch to trade, lots of scalpers and traders surround it, smacking it to and fro. It requires patience, and offers numerous intraday pullbacks. But it is painting a nice daily pattern, the ascending triangle and it is in sort of a sub-consolidation at the upper end. If it can get over 7.25 on good volume, I would go long.

#32     Nov 2, 2003
  3. I love this stock when it gets moving.

It looks like a C&H developing, both price form and volume, which I have highlighted. It needs to move up to the 45 area to complete the cup pattern, and the last two days look like pullback days so I am watching it this week for a continuation. Initially, on Monday,I would go long a modest position over 40, if this happens.

#33     Nov 2, 2003
  4. This is a great vehicle, and it has had good volatility due to earnings the last few days. Revenues were blowout (but their margins suck).

THe gap up and selloff is a cause for caution but it did recver somewhat and closed in the black. If the prior patterns reiterate, 32 should be possible this week. I would look for a long entry over 29.25, which is above the previous high and above the open of Friday. Friday's high of 30 would be a more conservative entry.

#34     Nov 2, 2003
  5. CEDC and POOL are pulling back and will likely offer good opportunities.

RIMM is getting ready for a move.

PRX is still within its triangle pattern.

Others will setup and I will post results of any entries I take on the aforementioned and will post new charts again here Wednesday.

#35     Nov 2, 2003
  6. This is in a nice tight pennant-triangle pattern after a high volume thrust up. It is staying aloft on declining volume.

Long over 16.25 with an increase in volume.

#36     Nov 2, 2003
  7. I only enter longs if they meet price target and have the volume character I am looking for AND they trade through the price trigger. If they gap over, then I wait and see how they trade and make a decision.

#37     Nov 3, 2003
  8. dgabriel, I thought using some kind of a Volume-per-unit of time gaugage intraday on the breakout day, kind of Jack-erese style, might actually be a good idea?

#38     Nov 3, 2003
  9. Could be a good idea, but a big block trade could skew it.
    I like to eyeball it, and look at time and sales to get a sense of strength - or lack thereof.

#39     Nov 3, 2003
  10. Today's trades worked well.

First PUMA. Entered at 7.31. Stock gapped up over my buy point so I waited for it to sell down a bit then took an entry. Stock closed at 7.51.

Unless I indicate that I closed the position, it's open by default.

CELL, I did not enter. It hit the trigger price 29.25, but did not trade through, which is a requirement.

#40     Nov 3, 2003