Devising An Opening Gap Strategy for YM

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by ewile, May 12, 2005.

1. travis

travis

The system has gone through more changes. Don't use it as I posted earlier, because I worked on it further, and it can be improved very much. Chopper, I am sorry you didn't understand my sense of humour and thought I spend my time doing dumb things. I am actually putting effort into this stuff, and doing it seriously.

#21     May 15, 2005
  2. sashen

sashen

Are you willing/able to share the latest version and the results you've seen?

#22     May 26, 2005
  3. travis

travis

Yes, I am willing to share it, but privately. Publicly though I will say that it doesn't fare very well, but it may be due to my limited knowledge of easylanguage.

#23     May 26, 2005
  4. stocon

stocon

He's got a book out and now the gap fade system is public. he talks of 80% acc levelwhen certain parameters are met. Has anyone tested it? Basically if there is a gap and relative light volume you fade it with a target on the other side of the gap and a stop twice the size of the gap this system any good?

#24     Aug 8, 2006
  5. lol.. did I hear this right?

6 pt profit targets and 17 pt stops?

#25     Aug 8, 2006
  6. John Carter, et al, at tradethemarkets.com offers a free trial where you can see how they use their YM open gap strategies in real time. They also have a number of instructional videos that you can sign up for for free.

#26     Aug 8, 2006
  7. stocon

stocon

No, not interested in the site just curious if anyone tested his gap stategy and if it was as profitable as they claim. Just eyeballing the last couple of months it didn't look too successful.

#27     Aug 8, 2006