devil in the details

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mav88, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Mav88

Mav88

An offer to cut entitlements, let's see if it is real or just more lather.

Most likely a decrease in the rate of increase, which is a cut in the liberal dictionary. I doubt his sincerity, especially when douchebags like sharpton are calling for more spending on the leeches

http://news.yahoo.com/spending-cut-...s-second-term-agenda-025029989--business.html

2. This is confusing.

Obama wants cuts in medicare and medicaid?

These two programs are health insurance programs for the poor. I thought he just finished solving the health insurance problem with Obamacare.

And secondly, I have no gripe with people getting 1k a month SS when they retire. Christsakes they made it to 62 or 65 give them a break.

I thought Obama was going to cut entitlements to able bodied people or cut out cable tv to prison inmates, you know that sort of thing.

Oh well...some other fiscal lifetime..

ps. I wonder if any "grant money" has been cut. You know,,,the academics who live off research of bats and insects, flowers and cowboy poetry festivals.

3. pspr

pspr

It's an Obama trick. That's all he knows how to do. It's let's get rid of the sequester cuts while we work on entitlement cuts instead. (cuts will be offered which won't come close to solving the spending problem because Dems say 'hands off' on SS and Medicare cuts. And never ever cut anything in Obamacare) :D

Tricks and traps will be a constant Obama game trying to make Republicans look bad until November 2014. Then it will be until November 2016. (When he hopes we crown him King. Going home to Chicago is not an option.)
    ----

Nutmeg, you seem to be getting angrier with Obama lately. Am I reading that right?

4. Mav88

Mav88

nobody believes healthcare is solved, not even Obama, it has to be cut and he knows it

SSI could give in some, at least one more year wait and collect at 63 instaed of 62. It was never intended as a retirement.

I'm waiting for the details, there will be some sort of political rube goldberg scheme designed for poltical gain and not fiscal sanity I would imagine. Right now democrats call a decrease in the rate of increase a cut, I bet they move on to the second derivative- a decrease in the rate of increase in the rate of increase.