Developing a System for Maximum Efficiency

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by eeleusnosaj, Jan 30, 2004.

#11     Jan 31, 2004
    #12     Jan 31, 2004
  3. Everything is relative.

#13     Jan 31, 2004
  4. I color coded my response, I hope.

#14     Jan 31, 2004
  5. I hardly know where to begin. Jack, I cannot make any sense out of your comments. One gets the impression that at some point in your life you might have been a person of considerable intellect. Unfortunately your ability to communicate with your fellow man seems to be impaired. If I am wrong in my understanding of some concept, I would be indebted to you if you would help me to correct my view. All you have to do is take a moment and re-phrase your comments in a way that can be understood by the rest of us. I hope you will take this seriously. It seems to me a great waste of your talent and experience to be known primarily as an eccentric personality who communicates in "word salad". I am guessing that many others reading this opinion might agree. I wish you well Jack. Thanks. Steve46

#15     Feb 1, 2004

6. Its a patten going on for a while here on ET. If it was tradable I would take a full position everytime.. lol

Someone starts a rather intellectual thread regarding system trading.... then Jack flexes his abstract thinking muscle.. struts his crap that no one really understands and diverts the entire thread to his posts. Then 20 people will try to interpret it.. and then it ends up getting its own thread altogether.

Same sh*t different thread.

--MIKE

#16     Feb 1, 2004
  7. :D:cool:

#18     Feb 1, 2004
  8. Your statements in the volume thread which you request that I deal with are important in the way you state. I view them from a different viewpoint. I don't want anyone to think for a minute that they can build on what you said.

My comments are made to create pictures that people can consider. Most often I use what they can see on a screen or that they can make into tangible picture on a piece of paper. I put them in a position where they can find out if they can give thought to a pragmatic expresion and then provisionally consider adding it to their quiver of knowledge, understanding, skills, and experience. I expect them to continue with this small beginning point and add the more powerful stuff to it that comes from what accompanies the above.

Trend Fader speaks here and has told us one thing he has gained so far. He is, so far, just stepping along side you while you emphasize what he expressed about a year ago. Trend fader has grasped at this point that I only talk about one thing.

You both characterize the quality of what I do. Naturally the failing that I have need to be handled. This done, then you can make money using it or, at least, with understanding chuck it.

I have very strong views on learning and how learning works. From your vantage point, you will be glad to hear that the testing associated to derive my viewpoints, was well recieved and found to be acceptable.

Corroborrating stuff from allied fields happens to be "where the action is", however.

People can either learn or not depending upon their memory function. Sensory input gets procesed and "learned" and stored in memory. Then if memory has utility with regard to application, a person engages in processing what he has going for him.

The senses, fortunately or unfortunately, do not function independantly, ever. They are paired, in their operation with something else.

I know this and have devoted years in dealing with why people and how people are disabled regarding learning.

If I have a sample of learning that is 100% of my contact population for ten years and it shows an increase in aptitude that is a 1.23 sigma deviation on a +/- 3 sigma deviation, then anyone has the opportunity to conclude that something is going on.

For the humor of it consider this dark side comment. There is a class of people here who are of a given sort. They have a focus and a particular attitude, say. Then there is me. My view is that secrecy and keep your cards close is no advantage whatsoever. I simple give away what I know works to others hoping that they will pass it forward as I do. I do not want what I do to be commercialized because it prevents others from having it because of cost barriers.

Here is the dark humor. What if I design a system of imparting my stuff to others that prevents a$$holes from using it or selling it to others. Well we all know that is not possible. It would really take a smart guy to do something like that.

In a lighter vein. It isn't actually what is going on but there is an opportunity to find out why some people (4 out of 5 at this point) do not understand, learn about or have any appreciation for what I have been saying. It is not really important stuff it looks like.

There is just one other general consideration that can be made. I think it is impossible for most people to learn to be successful in trading for one specific body of related reasons. It all ties into one essential human quality. I gave an example of IQ above (key word aptitude).

I am getting well enough to resume my stuff soon. As I have gone through the paces of getting restabilized and getting under control, a team of people have worked very hard. I got to broaden my research to corroborate stuff on this general consideration. So we will will embark shortly on getting under way.

You will be able to consider why my stuff is so unacceptable in a new light. It turns out that there are profound reasons why people cannot understand nor learn my stuff. The subject has been continually discussed here and a record has been made.

One of my first tasks was to build a few profiles on the more outstanding contributors to the record. They fortunately span the waterfront vis a vis psychological types. In this thread, four of them are participating.

The thing that I am going to be focussing on most is how learning is blocked as the consequences of a person's experience. welcome to the club Steve. Trend fader can fill you in.

#19     Feb 1, 2004
  9. Since their are people who cant comprehend what Jack is trying to convey, i will try to summarize to my best what I understand of Jacks' posts regarding the BO and FBO using the YM/INDU spread.
    His posts are usually a tough read first time around. If you really take the time to understand it though, it will really pay off.

This is my interpretation of using the YM/INDU spread. The YM is considered the smart money and will indicate whether the BO in the ES will be sustained or fail. Usually the $INDU will lead the BO and then look for the YM to confirm the BO or not. For a long BO to be successful when approaching Resistence, the YM/INDU spread will be small (squeeze) indicating that the YM is right behind the INDU in the BO confirming that both want to go in the same direction. If the YM fails to squeeze during a BO of resistance, the smart money is indicating that it does not want to follow suit of the INDU and will lead to a FBO and reversal. This can be reversed for a short. When we approach support, we look for the INDU to go first(minor squeeze before the BO down) and then a stretch to be wide to indicate that the YM is approving the INDU push down and will lead it down. This is just my interpretation of Jack's post and i hope it helps. I appreciate Jack posting and am very glad to hear that his health is getting better. I also appreciate everyone else in this thread that are contributing and asking questions.

JC

#20     Feb 1, 2004