Developers building their way up to traders

Discussion in 'App Development' started by Aquarians, Oct 14, 2017.

1. qlai

qlai

You've come to the right place then :) May I ask you why you are looking for someone that wants to trade instead of someone who will simply code for you? I assume if you pay someone to code for you, you don't want them to trade at the same time.

#31     Nov 8, 2018
  2. jonahern

jonahern

a startup hedge fund with a trader who wants to code and a coder who wants to trade is just more appealing to me. additional programmers who just program can be hired as needed.

#32     Nov 8, 2018
  3. qlai

qlai

Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. LOL. Just kidding(sort of) ... could be a Win-Win situation!

#33     Nov 8, 2018
    jonahern likes this.
  4. jonahern

jonahern

Both trading and programming have steep learning curves. I got into trading late - if I had it to do over, (besides starting earlier) I would have learned programming at the same time. One trader can only do so much. A trading team can possibly achieve exponential results.

#34     Nov 8, 2018
    qlai likes this.
  5. qlai

qlai

As long as they share a common vision. Do you have one?

#35     Nov 8, 2018
  6. jonahern

jonahern

I'm an ideas guy - I have many visions

#36     Nov 8, 2018
  7. qlai

qlai

If you got the capital to bring them to life, we can build a team right here on ET.

#37     Nov 8, 2018
  8. jonahern

jonahern

Eh, I'm talking about boot-strapping a startup hedge fund... not looking for a place to deploy capital

#38     Nov 8, 2018
  9. qlai

qlai

I understand. I'm looking for low latency equities market data and co-lo. Willing to barter :)

#39     Nov 8, 2018
  10. jonahern

jonahern

well good luck, kid

#40     Nov 9, 2018