Developed a very good algo... Now what?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Adibi83, Mar 26, 2017.

1. I think it's great work. Have you tried different currency pairs? That would effectively be a clean out-of-sample backtest. Would running the system in parallel with different pairs lower the volatility?

Also there's a margin between 10k and $1m.... If you can convince 2 people to invest 50k and you keep 10% of the performance, that's already a start + these people can spread the word if you do a good job for them.

Also I would second the comments that you should move to a reputable broker like IB.

#41     Apr 1, 2017
    kj5159 likes this.
  2. JSOP

JSOP

Developed a very good algo... Now what?

-Trade!!!

#42     Apr 1, 2017
    kj5159 and FX_Hedge like this.
  3. FX_Hedge

FX_Hedge

I currently trade 12 FX pairs per account and two accounts make up my system for a total of 24 FX pairs traded. I run my automated system in MT4/5 but I am looking at AlgoTrader. The asymmetrical hedging in my system between the two accounts works just fine in MT4/5 but the portfolio optimization in MT4/5 is junk.

I see in AlgoTrader I can conduct advaned portfolio optimization for correlated hedging verification and I can run my systems in AlgoTrader routed to my range of offshore brokers. AlgoTrader is about $21k a year subscription fee at "retail" pricing before any potential discounts. Any other reliable "Hedge Fund" level trading platforms that offer advanced portfolio optimization?

#43     May 20, 2018
  4. FX_Hedge

FX_Hedge

You can showcase your system at Darwinex in Europe if you want to have the excellent Darwinex "risk measurement" tools analize your past system performance and then attract investors in the PAMM type trading model.

#44     May 20, 2018
  5. Commission is 0?

#45     Nov 8, 2018
  6. Great work Adi!!!! Don't be discouraged by the idiots on this forum. I know you were working hard on this for years, and they will dismiss your system in a 20 second judgment.

I'd suggest you have 2 accounts: #1 low risk low leverage, and smaller #2 high leverage account or this one you should apply Kelly Criterion - it's the optimal position sizing based on your returns. You can grow the account exponentially. Of course you can blow it up, so only risk what you can lose. But the chances are it will grow quickly. Let me know what you think.

#46     Nov 21, 2018