Developed a equities financial data visualization site

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by mfocus, Dec 29, 2018.

1. mfocus

mfocus

Working in my spare time on an equities database and financial data visualizations website:

http://hotstocker.noiseclear.com

Currently, the data is EOD and offers a convienent visual way to look at company financials.

Open to comments, feedbacks, bugs and ideas. Happy holidays!

fan27, Stockolio, vanzandt and 2 others like this.
  2. That looks pretty cool

3. Can you create something thats for Windows Mixed Reality Headset. Instead of just 2D if the visualization can be 3D . Maybe a DOM in 3D.

4. ET180

ET180

Nice job. I like it. One thing you might want to do is instead of top volume, use top relative volume meaning the daily volume relative to the average of volume over the past 30 to 90 days. Maybe that's what you did...I did not see a description for it. Also, where do you get your data?

5. Sprout

Sprout

Adding a bar for institutional ownership and having an overlay by which one can see if it’s increasing/decreasing per time period of comparison will be informative.

Adding an additional axis of how a particular company ranks compares to it’s peers by two criteria (relative strength and eps) will support your effort.

From there you can then build the dataset by which the stock price cycles in time relative to volume.

This will lead you to visualizing the other end of peaking volume which is DU and the volume distinctions in between these two endpoints.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    ET180 likes this.
  6. mfocus

mfocus

Haha, thanks of the 'out-of-the-box' idea :thumbsup:
    Besides price and bid/ask size, what will be the 3rd dimension?

7. mfocus

mfocus

Thank you. The volume represents the actual traded volume for the day.

8. mfocus

mfocus

Thank you for the suggestions. I do not quite understand your last point, what is DU?

From the first 3 suggestions, I am visualizing it as a standard historical Price / Traded Volume chart with additional rows of: Institutional Ownership and Relative Strength.

9. - volume/market profile (3d structure)
    - each price/tick level would show quantity hit bid or offer taken (by size of 3d structure)
    - delta (differential of quantity hit at the bid or taken at the offer)

10. pipeguy

pipeguy

Wake me up when you make something like tradingview or ycharts. No need to invent a bicycle twice :)

#10     Dec 30, 2018
    djames and wwatson1 like this.