Develop Trading Strategies for Bitcoin and Alt Coins in TradeStation

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Murray Ruggiero, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/thre...bitcoin-and-alt-coins-in-tradestation.320349/

In the Announcement forum , I put information about my new product which makes it easy to download cryptocurrency data from coinmarketcap and allows you to build portfolios of coins/tokens and be able to update them with a single click each day. We also include a system for GBTC (Bit Coin Investment Trust) which uses block chain internals and runs in TradeStation.

2. truetype

truetype

I think you'll need a run back up to BTC $20,000 to get the ET crowd stoked about cryptos again.

3. eesnz

eesnz

Murray, I'm wondering how are you getting the coinmarketcap data, and would it be useful to offer a low latency data service, perhaps for a fee? Are you using their standard API? I'm referring to TotalCryptos.com perhaps we could offer you a data feed for your tradestation strategy on a secure VPN or some type of encrypted channel?

I'm really interested to see your results in Tradestation! Which anyway would beg the question - where could you actually TRADE IT but let's walk before we fly. -jg

4. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

It trades GBTC , which you can trade on TradeStation. This product downloads daily data for 1500+ cryto's and also for Bitcoin blockchain internals. I will be adding more data sources soon. I have also added a Cryto Type Session and TradePlan in TradersStudio for TradeStation , which is due out soon.

5. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

6. eesnz

eesnz

7. ! Chad !

! Chad !

Is that the crowd that likes to buy the top? Asking cause they dont seem interested in buying the bottom lol!

8. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

I like cryto's here , I agree with Tom Lee , 25K bitcoin by the end of the year. It was better to buy on 4/11/2018. I bought ETH then at about 420. See that was a interesting time because 4/11 was about the latest you could sell stuff in coinbase and get a transfer back to your bank account and have the money for Monday to pay your Taxes. There are some faster ways but fees get crazy.

9. eesnz

eesnz

i think crypto going lower before higher, but anyway i'm an algo trader i dont touch the stuff manually. i bought my 10 bitcoin in 2011 and was hacked at mt gox and gave up.

10. traider

traider

Does your strategy go short GBTC?
    Does your strat use order book data?

#10     Apr 19, 2018