Develop and follow a written trading plan

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Chuck Krug, Feb 20, 2018.

1. volpri

volpri

I don’t remember but I think it was over 1300 net for the 16 trades. Then, afterwards I took some more trades which made 21 trades in total. One loss and all the rest were winners. Net by close was $1950.00 after deducting the one loss.

I was thinking of trying again in the last hour but got busy doing other stuff ..painting..sheetrock..etc in the house to keep spouse happy and smiling.

All the trades were 1 lot trades in the ES EXCEPT for one trade was a 3 lot trade on single entry and exit. No averaging down like i do sometimes.

I am not a gambler or high roller so I don’t trade real big size.

#71     Feb 21, 2018
  2. volpri

volpri

That makes total sense. Where do I find one?

#72     Feb 21, 2018
  3. Take a photo of your pet.
    and use Microsoft Paint...to trace over it brightly. -- I guess you can say...it's Part Art, Part Science, :confused:, o_O

That's a photo of my Sun Conure parrot. -- but you can't tell or see it, because I used Microsoft Paint to paint over it heavily.

Compound your trading account, grow and trade larger...to really put a smile on your wife's face....instead of painting your sheetrock wall during trading business hours. -- also paint that sheetrock wall still.
    ET 2018

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    #73     Feb 21, 2018
  4. volpri

volpri

The only pet I have is a stuffed teddy bear that says “I love you” written in a heart. Will that work?

Not willing to trade larger than 10 contracts. Prefer 1 to 5. I’m a braggadocious low roller...ROFLMAO. I don’t need alot of $$ ....simple fishing boat...Motorhome...money to buy fishing worms and crickets...a few beers...coffee for sure. I like a simple life...

Yes i have to paint the sheetrock. Too frugal to pay anyone and too much of a perfectionist to allow anyone else to paint the house....Besides work is good for the soul......

#74     Feb 21, 2018
  5. volpri

volpri

Ok i will take a picture of the teddy bear. I will change the wording in paint or some apple app to say “I Love Trading” instead of I love you. So what format do I save it in? How do I get it down small like these avatars others use? How do I get it next to my forum name?

#75     Feb 21, 2018
  6. volpri

volpri

Thanks!

#76     Feb 21, 2018
  7. volpri

volpri

Another meaningless morning in the ES in this sideways movement. 7 total contracts traded 6 winners. One loser. Net $612.50. I gotta stop and go to town to pick up tiller #1 carb and drop off tiller #2 carb (always best to have a backup in life). Getting close to garden planting time. Fresh vegetables! Grown by yours truly. Much better than grocery store stuff.

Didn't make much today and don't know if I will have time to trade any more today but at least some cricket and fishing worm money.

High win rate and average win bigger than average loss trumped only by net at end of session.

Trading is like a high performance activity. Can you imagine the Olympians in these winter games just saying "win rate doesn't matter?" I am just gonna train hard for 4 years day in and day out just to get to go and have the experience! no sir ree bob! ..they are working their rears off to win gold. If they get silver or bronze they will still smile. If they get none they will just reminisce about what "could" have been or "should have been".

WARNING TRADING IS A MOST HIGH PERFORMANCE ACTIVITY AND REQUIRES EXECUTION, FOCUS, STRATEGY, TACTICS, PSYCHOLOGY, AND BELIEF.

If you believe a high win rate is good you can find a way to achieve it. As one person once said "what the mind can conceive and believe the mind can achieve".

You gotta dream. You gotta study. You gotta practice and get good. You gotta trade.

ES 2-22-2018 chart.PNG

ES 2-22-2018 first.PNG

Es 2-22-2018 three.PNG

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    #77     Feb 22, 2018
    birdman and Chuck Krug like this.
  8. volpri

volpri

One other tiny note. See how you can make money entering on just about any bar. Just look at this sideways action on the above 5 minute chart. See, every bar has bulls and bears tugging at each other..pushing at each other...dial down to a 1 minute chart and you can see this action better. I use 5 minute chart (and sometimes 15 min) as the battle field and strategic. One minute is the arena of tactics and clarity.

PS THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS NOISE ON A CHART. EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS HAPPENS FOR REASON.

GOOD LUCK TODAY. "The harder I work the luckier I get" (Henry Ford ..I believe said that)

ES 2-22-2018 chart #2.PNG

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    #78     Feb 22, 2018
    Sprout likes this.
  9. Nice job volpri....you really have the intuition for this market.
    That one loss was only 1 tick ?

#79     Feb 22, 2018
    volpri likes this.
  10. speedo

speedo

Sure is nice to see the ES with range and structure again. The NQ was nicely profitable but required Dramamine.

#80     Feb 22, 2018