Develop and follow a written trading plan

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Chuck Krug, Feb 20, 2018.

1. $100K for a Porsche Boxster...that's essentially Just a $20K car, if you buy used with Miles on it, and an early year model.
    Completely Absurd, to buy brand new with added expensive options. -- Let some other Sucker take all that depreciation.
    The Boxster is known as a girly man's Porsche. an entry level Porsche. a hair dresser's Porsche. a poor man's Porsche.
    If I were ever to buy one...it would be an early 2000's Turbo or GT3 model with miles. Basically a great value.

I use to be obsessed with sports cars when I was slightly more younger. -- But now, I'd rather buy high-end, exclusive personal things instead...like a Patek Philippe 5204 Split Seconds watch. and a high-end espresso machine and alligator boots. maybe even a Picasso...even if it's just a quick, simple, pencil sketch doodle.
    A flashy home or car, I'm not obsessed with these things...just average one's will do for me. But everything inside of the home...will be of the highest grade.

But a sports, or exotic, car is relatively low on my list of wants now. -- In fact, I'd rather just buy a new Toyota Camry. Simple, cheap and low key, low maintenance.
    A sports/exotic car is like walking around with a peacock on your shoulder. The attention might be fun 1% of the time, but basically you just want to blend in.

Trading is kind of like being in prison. You have alot of Time...to just think and reflect. Because it's such a solitude endeavor :(, :confused:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    #241     Mar 15, 2018
  2. The old ones were junk...they all had an engine flaw in them. The newer models (after 2012) are like computers-on-wheels....the firmware is nothing short of phenomenal....including artificial intelligence just to get the tire pressure managed correctly.
    Add to that a programmable PDK transmission....

#242     Mar 16, 2018
  3. Hey VolPri - where are your latest trading results or are you taking a break ?

#243     Mar 20, 2018
  4. volpri

volpri

I don't have time for trading next 2 weeks maybe 3 but did take a few today. slept in late as did have not been feeling well. Started trading right after waking up. Much more to e made today but I just don't have time. too many other important things to do.

happy with my win rate this morning and average win over average loss and biggest win vs biggest loss.

don't expect much from me next 2 or 3 weeks.

here is a chart with todays trades. you can deconstruct it. most were 1 lot trades. I think I had one 3 lot trade.
    bye

es 3-22-2018 stats 1.PNG

es 3-22-2018 stats 2.PNG

es 3-22-2018 chart.PNG

#244     Mar 22, 2018
    JefeTrader likes this.
  5. volpri

volpri

bty 5 minute chart above. I am happy with stats but not with my execution. the profit should have been twice that amount. but anyway I came out on top. lots more to be made today but too many things to do. besides greed is stronger than fear.

may trade some more in 3 weeks. bye

#245     Mar 22, 2018
  6. Your software is "different"....it shows 3 separate trades at 2167.25 for instance instead of 1 trade for 3 contracts.
    I don't quite "get it".
    Also, I see red, purple, and green arrows......don't understand the meaning....

#246     Mar 22, 2018
  7. volpri

volpri

i don’t remenber clearly the details as i was not awake really good but i THINK i took a position of 1 contract. Then as price meandered around a bit i added a second and a third contract then exited all. So the software treats them as separate trades. I also made a mistake on one of the trades and slide the exit on the dom where i did not want to exit and bam got taken out. With a profit but not what it should have been.

Red are shorts purple are covering the short. Green is long and brown is selling the long. When i am in the midst of trading one trade after the other i don’t pay much attention to the trade markers at that moment. I focus on the process not the money.

Most of the trades this morning were shorts so you have to start at the far left follow down to the bar. See where the entry was. Then look for the exit (most of the time on the same bar) and then there may be another entry on the same bar with another exit on the next bar. You just have to work to the right figuring it out. maybe the following will help you sort it out. I gotta run. be back in 3 weeks...maybe ...unless I need some fishing worm money beforehand.

I consider a scalp in the emini to be at least 1 point but at times if the dynamics look like it may not make it quickly I will grab whatever it gives 1/2 ...3/4.. and gone on to the next trade. The profit potential is much greater on multiple entries and exits than holding a position for a swing. This is counter intuitive and most traders don't see it or can't do it. However, for the profit potential to be greater the execution has to be correct. It WAS not correct today in these trades. Not for maximization of profits. Even though I had a high win rate..good average win over average loss, good largest win vs largest loss and even though I came out ahead over 700 dollars it was a piss poor performance. That net should have been 1400 or more.

JM hurst writes about this maximization factor through trade interval and transaction timing in his book which most traders don't believe..apparently.

Book is called The Profit Magic Of Stock Transaction Timing. I bought the book years ago. It has impacted my trading. It sells now for over 200 new. I don't employ the concepts in just the way he does but I use the principles.

good luck figuring it all out if you have a mind to do so.

es 3-22-2018 stats 3.PNG

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    #247     Mar 22, 2018
  8. #248     Mar 22, 2018
  9. volpri

volpri

The one i have is the one that looks like two opposing arrows on the cover one green and one red. I bought it years ago. I am not sure if the high dollar one has additional material or not.

I heard there is a pdf version on the net?? If it is legit may be cheaper??

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    #249     Mar 22, 2018
  10. Starspa

Starspa

LOL; The flipping desk is cherry!

#250     Mar 22, 2018