Develop and follow a written trading plan

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Chuck Krug, Feb 20, 2018.

1. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

You may want to read a few pages back.

It was suggested one could not successfully trade via mobile trading. That implies the only way to successfully trade is via a desktop.

My hypothesis is if that's the assumption (successfully trading via a desktop)...wouldn't the same trader be able to successfully trade mobile ?

Also, the most monitors I've seen by a mobile trader is three. Two external monitors and the laptop screen.

P.S. I never heard of any trader trading or trading successfully while traveling in a plane. Surely you were just joking. :D

wrbtrader

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    #191     Mar 5, 2018
  2. schweiz

schweiz

I don't trade mobile but I use a laptop. There is no law that forbids to use a laptop at home. I always have fibre cable connections, never wifi.

I probably did noy explain well. I travel a lot (back and forth between where I live for taxes and my native country). So I want to trade on both locations. The easiest way is to use a laptop for me. It should go in my handluggage and a desktop is a bit big for that. I also use only 1 extra screen (22") that fits exactly in my handluggage too. And with that configuration I can easily trade thousands of contract ES if I wish ( and had enough funds). So this configuration is far beyond my needs.

If I would have enough space, privacy and connection in a plane I could trade from there too. Why not?

#192     Mar 5, 2018
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Why would you suggest you could trade "thousands of ES contracts" and then imply you don't have enough funds to do such. Isn't that another way to say you've never tested that theory (trading thousands of contracts) because you don't have enought funds for such ???

Anyways, as I stated earlier...most assume when someone say they're mobile trading...they begin thinking from a cell phone, android or a hand held device. In reality, laptop seems the best way. In fact, I've seen successful mobile trading and it was via a laptop although the laptop was using a personal hotspot from a cell phone.

Wouldn't recommend trying such from a airplane. There's no privacy in a way to prevent someone from looking over your shoulder or slowly walking down an aisle and then watching what you're doing.

I saw a documentary of how easy it was to snoop (spy) on someone on an airplane during surveillance of someone else on the same plane...kind'uv creepy or scary.

wrbtrader

#193     Mar 5, 2018
  4. schweiz

schweiz

Wanted to show that my configuration can easily do much much much more then the size I trade now. I am just a small trader, not like most ET members.

I never had an open position of 1000 contracts intraday. Trading thousands of contracts in a serie over a longer period is another story.

#194     Mar 5, 2018
  5. schweiz

schweiz

I am confused now. Is it possible or not???

#195     Mar 5, 2018
  6. volpri

volpri

Schweiz of course it is, despite the unbelievers. I do it quite often. I can use my ipad as a hotspot and connect the laptop to it and trade away. Or i can use a dedicated hotspot box i also carry around if i dont want to use the ipad. With either system i can trade on my laptop with one monitor ..THE LAPTOP MONITOR...LOL to my hearts content and maintain a high win rate. Can trade in the car. In the motorhome. In the yard. Under a tree. On the porch. On a boat. In front of a grocery store as wife buys vittles. At the doctors office....I can even fish and trade. Crap and trade. However, wife gets mad if eat and trade. 4 moniters would confuse my simple mind.

#196     Mar 5, 2018
  7. schweiz

schweiz

I always fly when markets are closed. ;)

#197     Mar 5, 2018
  8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I've seen successful mobile trading from a library, RV and a parking lot of a Zoo. Yeah, I've only seen a few days of such and not every trading day of the year.

Thus, its a reality. Yet, they were just trading small size (a few contracts) and not what they normally do from their home office. All of which was done via a laptop with the help of other accessories.

Yet, I think more needs to be said about the security & privacy issue...not really the discussion of this thread.

There are other older threads about mobile day trading...maybe this conversation will be more suited for those threads.

wrbtrader

#198     Mar 5, 2018
  9. mbondy

mbondy

It was not the mobile device that belies unbelief. It was the casual approach to trading using a celly with no plan like whatevs bruh, high win rate! Another trade, time to eat and not pay attention again!

This is preposterous. Trading is hard work but I guess only the initiated would know that.

Keep fantasizing, fellas.

#199     Mar 5, 2018
    schweiz likes this.
  10. volpri

volpri

There is a plan. My plan is the markets plan. It writes it for me. I follow along. And dip into my tool box of learned techniques and tactics when the market is telling me which tool would probally be best to use for the moment. The work is learning about all the tools and practicing using them until they become second nature.

The high win rate comes from experience in following the market and using the right tools at the right time as the market dictates the PA.

If this is dreaming and fantasizing then leave me alone. Don’t wake me up! Let me dream on! ROFLMAO

NOW how about YOU showing us reality. Post a few live trades.

Thanks

#200     Mar 5, 2018