Devastating after hours trade...SCREWED!!

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by gster210, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Magellan

Magellan

I enter into trades in the AH precisely by placing a buy limit order above the current market offer. It then "converts" to a market order order. Perhaps my terminology isn't correct, that is what effectively happens. Otherwise how do you get into an AH trade without having to wait for your limit order to be hit?

Magellan

#51     Jan 8, 2012
  2. Based on my experience, you may have been robbed by your broker.

My experiences:

1. I sent a stop order to cover, but I was filled at a price above my typed price BY the broker. Reason: the broker is internalizing your order, meaning the broker is trading against you, meaning the broker didn't send your order to the exchange. In doing so, the broker was too eager to fill you and accidently filled you at a price above your typed price, at a price the market HAS NOT REACHED YET, meaning the broker jumped the gun.

2. I sent a stop order to sell, but I was filled at a price below my typed price BY the broker, not another trader at the exchange. Because the broker jumped the gun and accidently revealed the fact that it was trading against me. (NO, Again, NO, the MARKET HAS NOT REACHED THE PRICE YET).

If a broker doesn't have a trading department, the world would be much safer.

If a broker has a trading department, the broker will do everything to steal from the account holders. Look at MF global and Lehman brothers.

To those concerned:

By the way, I did market orders routinely AFTER HOURS.

I find some of your arguments very childish and funny. When I was a kid, I used to argue about some silly things:

One kid said: That airplane can travel through the core of the earth and reach China in 50 minutes!

Another kid (Nodoji) said: No way, the core of the earth is full of water, the pilot will be drowned inside the core of the earth!

A third kid said: But the pilot will bring enough oxygen with him and then he will be able to breathe.

A fourth kid said: But, what about the sharks in the core of the earth? Would the sharks eat the airplane?

#52     Jan 8, 2012
  3. gster210

gster210

I cant believe all your responses......I wont even comment. Telling me to quit trading? I saw what I saw on the order preview...was a 7X.XX. Putting in a lower order AH is not a dick move....everyday people get hit far below.

The audit says 8X.XX and I DID call IB immediately and they go by what they see which was 8X.XX.

If there was any question I would let it go.....but I saw what I saw.

You guys are a bunch of aholes. I wish this were a real table talk bc SWIM would send most of you (except for a few, which I thank) home with a black eye and broken nose.

#53     Jan 8, 2012
  4. Yeah, and I'm sure MOST are by mistake! :)

You may or may not have made an error imputing the order but don't try and rationalize that what you were doing wasn't to take advantage of some stray order. It is what it is, no need to deny it.

#54     Jan 8, 2012
  5. Magellan

Magellan

Look on the bright side. You have 14 posts now. After you call everyone in this thread an "ahole" (one by one that is) you will have enough posts to properly critique Interactive Brokers. Remember you will need 30 posts to allow you to rip into IB. Only 16 more aholes to go!

Magellan

#55     Jan 8, 2012
  6. GTS

GTS

I'm having trouble seeing how this cost you $4k. You said that you (tried to) put the order in for $76.40 which was $10 less than the current market price but it actually executed at $86.40 ($10 higher) - that sure sounds like you actually closed out your short at the current market price, maybe not what you intended but hardly devastating.

Couldn't you just re-short the stock at $86.40 Monday morning and the only thing you would be out is the extra commissions?

Exactly how are you out $4k?

#56     Jan 8, 2012
  7. taowave

taowave

Because his unrealized loss became realized.Go figure

#57     Jan 8, 2012
  8. Magellan

Magellan

Exactly...he lost 4k because he couldn't find a more clueless trader to take him out of his existing loss.

Magellan

#58     Jan 8, 2012
  9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

What do you call omeone who complains that an issue cost them money they had already lost?

What do you call someone who complains when they try to take advantage of someone else's mistake and in turn get's taken advantage of by their own mistake?

What's sickening is that if he did succeed he'd be proud thinking he was a genius. But since it didn't work it's someone else's fault.

#59     Jan 8, 2012
  10. sprstpd

sprstpd

Well then you are a freaking idiot too.

#60     Jan 8, 2012