Devastating after hours trade...SCREWED!!

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by gster210, Jan 7, 2012.

1. gster210

gster210

My point is just that this is for real. Im going to start taking screen shots of my trade submissions.

There is no way to prove it...if the audit says what it says than they are protected. I asked if there was a way to see my actual order submission ticket and they said no.

Even on poker rooms they will replay a hand and record the actions of the day.

With corruption everywhere...who knows...

#11     Jan 7, 2012
  2. gster210

gster210

I have not made a lot of money with IB but started some new techniques and scripts and had went 100% and 85% in the previous two days.

#12     Jan 7, 2012
  3. gster210

gster210

Just wanted to add, my point was really just to warn others to watch out...no matter what brokerage. Never had this type of thing be a problem.

#13     Jan 7, 2012
  4. Have you checked:

1. TWS's log files
    2. Any order entry software's log files
    3. Call / Chatted IB and asked them to bring up their logs for you.

It seems more likely that you misread than that they f'd up but if they did then it will be in either their logs or yours. Yours are on your own pc in the tws directories so no one else messes with them. So stop the "corruption" allegations and do the work.

If the TWS log files say X then I'd bet X is what it was.

Don't make the people who suggested you are stupid right.

#14     Jan 7, 2012
  5. Crav

Crav

human error. Sadly the logs dont lie so you're stuck. chalk it up to tuition on bad luck

#15     Jan 7, 2012
  6. Bob111

Bob111

#16     Jan 7, 2012
  7. antaram

antaram

1. you are an idiot
    2. nobody is out there to "get" you, IB is not corrupt
    3. you did not get robbed
    4. stop trading
    5. by default IB doesn't let you put orders too far away from current market, if you get bad executions anyways you can get the trades broken, just report it as soon as it happens, sometimes the exchange brakes clearly erroneous trades by itself without your report
    6. stop trading
    7. don't buy knives or guns

#17     Jan 7, 2012

8. No mistake on IBs part.

You sold limit at 76 turned into a marker order as price was above you limit, ie IB filled you $10 better. Instead of complaining you should thank IB for saving you $10 a share loss

#18     Jan 7, 2012
  9. +1

The hunter becomes the hunted. Live and learn and stop whining.

#19     Jan 7, 2012
  10. jonp

jonp

you're lucky you covered your ass at 86, cause this market is going up! stop being such a hero shorting individual stocks, holding 15% losses and then say you screwed when you take the loss. and to atticus^ i don't think it's considered being a cock if you put in a bid for a stock 10$ below it's closing price... there's a reason AH is called amateur hour.

#20     Jan 7, 2012