Deutsche bank retail fx platform

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by misha7, May 22, 2006.

1. Xenia

Xenia

#11     May 22, 2006
  2. #12     May 22, 2006
  3. squeeze

squeeze

Is this just another example of a major bank buying in a product to sell on to retail customers because the retail volume is too small to be worth handling in house?

I have seen a few instances like this.
    For example all Barclays retail CFD trading goes through to CityIndex.

#13     May 22, 2006
  4. taboni

taboni

I guess so. I know I wouldn't even look at a trade less than 1 mio when I was trading interbank. I see they are still taking the old mentality that retail traders should consider themselves lucky to get get even a 3 pip spread in EUR. And 4 pips in JPY?? Not for me.

#14     May 22, 2006
  5. ellokn

ellokn

If it is in-house trading, sure. By definition it makes it a bucket shop regardless of the name on the front of the door.

So far it looks like it is the same model as bucket shops, but with a fancy name. The game is the same.

#15     May 22, 2006
  6. The game reamins the same only the names will change. Almost reminds me of a line from that Bon Jovi song.:D

#16     May 22, 2006
  7. w99

w99

More not-so-good news:

Just received a reply from dbFX: credit interest is not paid on client funds...

Can it be a sensible idea to make a free loan to DB to trade FX? :)

#17     May 22, 2006
  8. Initial Impressions: Pathetic offering. Would not execute $1 USD notional with them. LOL

#18     May 23, 2006
  9. absolute rubbish; 1 of da worse deals out there for fx, no q.

#19     May 23, 2006
  10. not bad at all for a top-tier bank... not long ago they were still charging their retail custies around 100 pips a side and Citi still does... DB retail spreads are where retail brokers were not even 2 years ago... and only 1-2 pips away from today's competition... difference being they are a top-tier bank, rather unlikely to do a refco... am sure they'll attract tons of accts and quickly build up some fairly decent volume! and that UBS, Citi etc now have no choice but to follow in their steps... that will also squeeze a lot of dodgy bucket-shop type players out of the market... not a bad thing...

#20     May 23, 2006