Deutsche Bank FX

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by T-Bone Trader, May 26, 2009.

1. Anyone have any experience trading with DB?

I like the fact that they are the largest liquidity provider and provide up to 1BN EUR (SIPC-similar) insurance for all FX accounts..

2. moarla

moarla

if you are speaking about dbFx thats the platform for the small guys. If you speak about the "Autobahn" thats the platform where you find big liq.
    (minimum account 1.000.000 or something like that :) )

both Platforms from Deutsche Bank

3. Isn't their retail platform something to do with FXCM?

......mind you what isn't nowadays, FXCM are on a mission to take over the world by the look of it!

4. Who is behind FXCM that they are so pwerful???

5. Doug Allen

6. :D

T-Bone, no idea mate, they've obviously got some serious backing though, they seem to be buying everyone out!

There's definitely a connection between them and Deutsche Bank, if you phone DB and ask why their retail platforms are identical they're very secretive about it for some reason.

Ooooh, I feel a conspiracy theory coming on......what juicy made-up gossip can I propagate I wonder.....

Edit: Just came across an email from DBFX back in January last year when I asked them about the DB/FXCM connection, here's an excerpt...

-----------------------
    .....However as you can imagine there are competing concerns within any large organization and in this case we're prevented from disclosing certain information.

I can tell you that we use certain third-party technology including FXCM's API technology for automated trading. However beyond that we're not able to disclose anything further. Many clients ask about platform and API similarities with FXCM, and all we're able to do is point out that while technology may be shared or licensed, all dbFX clients are direct clients of the bank, hold funds with the bank, and trade directly with the bank.
    -------------------------

7. JDL

JDL

spreads are horrible, other then that there ok, don't be fool about them being conneted to fxcm, that just like saying all MT4 brokers are the same because they use the same platform, DBFX just license fxcm platform.

8. Going by this statement I think their association goes a bit further than that....

".....we use certain third-party technology including FXCM's API technology for automated trading. However beyond that we're not able to disclose anything further....."

....obviously there is something further to disclose otherwise they wouldn't say they can't disclose it :D

9. Dallas

Dallas

I came across this on Forexpeacearmy.com

Date of Post: 2009-02-25

Review:
    2009-02-25

UPDATE....NOTHING HAS CHANGED

Review: FYI & REVIEW.

FACTS FOR ALL OF YOU RETAIL TRADERS.

DBFX IS FXCM. Located at 32 Old Slip,N.Y. DBFX has a "White Lable" with the FXCM platform run out of and on same floor with FXCM at FXCM offices using a "Chinese Wall" to separate the FXCM operation from the DBFX operation although
    run by FXCM with, I'm sure, some DB employees. This is the old FXCM platform with the same Market Makers spiking your trades and taking your money.

2-25-2009
    Of course, they will show different identities at NFA or CFTC; do not be fooled; this is the old "Refco Rapid" platform I traded at 40 Wall St., when Mr. Drew Niv, CEO OF FXCM ran a prop shop of which I was one of the professional traders. PLEASE UNDERSTAND, DBFX HAS A WHITE LABLE FROM FXCM AND THE LAST TIME I LOOKED WAS ACTUALLY BEING RUN OUT OF THE FXCM OFFICES AT 32 OLD SLIP SEPARATED BY A "CHINESE WALL" USING BOTH FXCM/DBFX MARKET MAKERS WHO WILL TRADE AGAINST YOU...PERIOD! ! ! ! !

The only "good thing" here is that your money, if they even open an account will be on deposit at Deutsche Bank. FXCM WILL COMMINGLE YOUR MONEY WITH ALL OTHER DEPOSITS; SHOULD THEY GO BANKRUPT LIKE REFCO, THEN GET IN LINE AS YOU HAVE NO PROTECTION AND ARE JUST ANOTHER SUCKER CREDITOR....THINK ABOUT IT....ALL FCM'S OPERATE THAT WAY.......

http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/public/review/www.dbfx.com?page=0

10. The only "good thing" here is that your money, if they even open an account will be on deposit at Deutsche Bank. FXCM WILL COMMINGLE YOUR MONEY WITH ALL OTHER DEPOSITS; SHOULD THEY GO BANKRUPT LIKE REFCO, THEN GET IN LINE AS YOU HAVE NO PROTECTION AND ARE JUST ANOTHER SUCKER CREDITOR....THINK ABOUT IT....ALL FCM'S OPERATE THAT WAY.......

http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/public/review/www.dbfx.com?page=0 [/B][/QUOTE]

If FXCM is so big and so strong - then why would bankruptcy ever even be a possibility?

#10     Jun 6, 2009