Deutsch Bank

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Spectre2007, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Sig

Sig

DB shares were $11.50 when the folks on this thread were sure it was going bankrupt in Oct because of "derivative instruments" that they couldn't name. Now it's $16.50. How'd those short positions work out again?

#91     Apr 22, 2017
  2. Deutsche Bank AG's equal weight rating reiterated at Barclays PLC.

#92     Apr 24, 2017
  3. dealmaker

dealmaker

""

#93     Mar 4, 2018
  4. dealmaker

dealmaker

""

#94     Mar 4, 2018
  5. Going through one of DB’s 850 page annual reports a few years ago, I wondered how a business can get to DB’s size, given all the political correctness and lack of mangement focus on fundamental business imperatives. I finally found their derivative exposure and concluded DB was not a viable investment. I did not consider shorting them as I feared Government intervention on behalf of this politically correct disorganization.

Ach der lieber! Where have all the good German financial companies gone?

#95     Mar 5, 2018
  6. Raoul Pal is being silly... DB's issues have very little, if that, to do with USD LIBOR/OIS spreads.

#96     Mar 5, 2018
  7. Sig

Sig

WTF does "political correctness" have to do with DB? You're not in your safe place echo chamber here, everyone isn't going the yell "amen" when you throw out your buzzword in an utterly meaningless way. Is DB refraining from calling black people the N word and gay people faggots or saying they can grab women by the pussy? How politically correct of them, I too can't believe they could succeed with such crazy policies.

And while you're explaining that, can you please point out where in the DB annual report (478 pages at https://www.db.com/ir/en/download/Deutsche_Bank_Annual_Report_2016.pdf in case you want to actually read it) it details their derivatives exposure. I just can't seem to find it, and as you see in this thread whenever I ask anyone to provide documentation of this mythical derivative exposure they disappear or start spouting "I heard that.....". This thread started in March of 2016, two years ago, with everyone of your ilk certain that DB was going to "go bus" imminent and quoting a bunch of bullshit that you read on ZH of all places to justify why. You are doing the exact same thing today. Most of us realize that there's no there's no education in the second kick of a mule, but apparently not here.

#97     Mar 5, 2018
  8. You seem passionate about DB. Are you a former or soon to be former CEO of DB?

My post is based on my recollection of doing my due-diligence before investing in them a few years ago. I felt that DB, CS, and UBS prices were beat up and the industry outlook should be improved given the improving global economy at the time.

My opinion of lack of management focus was based on the CEO’s letter to shareholders. It sounded like they were some sort of community outreach entity rather than a serious business. The letter to shareholders did not talk about specifics on how DB was going to address their derivative exposure and return to reasonable profitability.

As far as derivatives exposure, I recall from their annual report there was a question on valuation of a significant amount of derivatives as measured by a percentage of their net worth. In fact, it appeared overall derivative exposure exceeded DB’s net worth at the time.

Given DB performance over the years relative to the global equities markets, I would say my decision not to invest in DB was a good one.

I’m not your historical research boy. If you want to do a case study, if not a post-mortem on DB, go through their annual reports and consider investment service archives.

As you can see, you are not in your safe-place echo chamber either.

Should you decide to do your due diligence this time and determine that DB is now “investable”, let us know and if I agree, I will pay you a finders fee if it is legal for me to do so.

Get cracking, research boy.

#98     Mar 5, 2018
  9. Sig

Sig

I actually don't own a share of DB and based on my personal interaction with their mid-level employees vs GS I'd invest in GS if I was interested in investing or in that sector. I do like to call bullshit when I see bullshit though. As I correctly predicted, you, like several others on this thread, throw out "derivatives exposure" but it's all "I heard" or "I read" and you can never actually provide a source. It should have been easy for you, you allegedly read it in a non-existent 850 page annual report. See here's the thing, boy. Unlike you I actually have read DB's annual reports. What you claim to be there isn't, full stop. Just like this mythical "political correctness" you sit around lamenting all day long. How many other things that you've "heard" or "remember" might also turn out to be less than completely true, memory's a tricky little fucker? Something that would make most of stop and think.

I'm sure DB has derivatives exposure. I'd love to know what it is, beyond some hazy memory of what someone probably read on ZH or possibly even here on this very thread sometime in the last 2 years.

#99     Mar 5, 2018
  10. You mentioned “ZH” a couple of times. Do you mean “Zero Hedge?”. I am not familiar with it.

There is a disconnect with your response and the content contained in this thread. I will assume you are frustrated hearing about derivative exposure because you used to own DB and got burned by it. Learn from your mistakes. DB’s derivative exposure is in at least one of their annual reports. if you take the time to find it, you will understand why knowledgeable investors have shunned DB for so long.

I should have been more gentle with you as we are not in the political forum. When you started talking about “safe places” I thought we were talking politics and not investments.

My bad, and I apologize for my insensitivity.

May I buy you an ice cream cone?

#100     Mar 5, 2018