Detroit

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bond tr4der, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Maybe if the big 3 go bankrupt, people will finally begin leaving that shithole. Why 5 million people call it home is beyond me. I think you're all fucking nuts or simply leaching off the UAW negotiated contracts.

2. PaulRon

PaulRon

cool

3. Detroit IS a shithole.

You should see the suburbs, though - even now.

I'd rather live here than a rat infested, concrete, cardboard box apartment coupe city like NY any day of the week.

How much would this cost where you live?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Location, Location, Location.

It's the equivalent of building a million dollar home in Fallujah. Sure it's a nice home. But it's still surrounded by hell-infested shitholes. Plus suburbs are boring. I never understood their appeal for the young professional.

There is much more cultured experience and excitement in a real city: [​IMG]

5. Great House. Whats the price for that?

6. Moreagr

Moreagr

7. You are clueless. There are thousands upon thousands of homes just like this in Oakland Township, with amazing police, shopping, rolling and lush ground, fresh water streams, inland lakes and many world class golf courses JUST in Oakland Township.

You will not find nicer homes anywhere in the nation than in areas of Bloomfield, Franklin, Lake Orion, etc.

Then there are Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, Clarkston, Grosse Pointe Shores, Washington Township, Rochester Hills, Troy - just in the metro area.

Some of the nicest homes in the WORLD can be found on the Gold Coast of Michigan, near Petoskey, Antrim County, Charlevoix, etc., which all overlook some of the cleanest, freshwater, inland lakes in the WORLD, or Lake Michigan.

Michigan also has 1/5th of the world's fresh water, the ultimate commodity, and international treaty states that it can't be diverted, sourced or sold.

Rolling land, fresh water lakes and rivers, the Great Lakes of the World, the world's busiest and most intense trade border (with Canada - more goods in terms of $$$ pass there than any other border in the world), and once you get north of the industrial areas of Detroit (30 miles to 480 miles), clean, crisp air and recreational opportunities everywhere.

No earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, wildfires...

You obviously have never been here.

8. That's one HECK of a beautiful place, especially design wise. How much is it?

9. The ability to navigate through structures of conflicting harmonic geometry.

Quite a paradox...

10. That house is 1.8 million, but I have a feeling you could buy it for less than that.

These houses in Oakland Township all have the same views.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#10     Nov 27, 2008