Detractors and Naysayers...

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Don Bright, Aug 7, 2002.

1. stu

stu

God , I hate that

#61     Aug 9, 2002
  2. MrDinky

MrDinky

Feels kinda like the Internet equivalent of one of those male-bonding, back-to-nature, build-a-campfire, beat-a-drum, and scream at the forest kind of things. No, I've never done that before. You can't prove anything!

:cool:

#62     Aug 9, 2002
  3. ron2368

ron2368

Mumbo Jumbo

#63     Aug 9, 2002
  4. Newatthis

08-09-02 09:11 PM

Mr. Dinky,
    It feels great doesn't it?

If I were to question everything that anyone said to me all day I would never get past breakfast. There is a time and place to question things.

If he is right you should apologize for questioning his integrity.

I am not questioning just ANYONE's integrity. I am just questioning a paid sponsor---an individual who has a goal to recruit traders to work at his firm, so that he can make money off of their commissions. That the the bottom line, follow the money.

Don either responded accurately to my question or he didn't. If he responded accurately, why should I appologize? You seem to be implying that we should trust Don until proven differently.

How long have you been around the financial services industry to have developed that attitude?

Trust me, I have a great investment opportunity for you, just get ready to wire the funds and don't you dare question my integrity in the process.

There is a time and a place to ask questions......isn't that what the forum is all about? Doesn't Don continually ask that people ask him questions to get clarification?

If someone from another firm were doing the same thing, running ads and at the same time handling people and questions in a public forum like this, I would be doing the same thing with that representative of his respective firm.

If you look back at my post and questions, I did not make a statment of fact, I posed a question. There is a difference. I have made no assumption of guilt or innocence, if I had done that why bother to ask him? I would just be stating it as fact.

I asked a tough question, a question that has consequences, and important question that I still don't have full confidence in Don's answer of because of the source and integrity of the rumor. I will not divulge the source of the rumor, but I will say that he has no financial gain one way or another, and has no ax to grind against Don.

And people are upset by the question? If Don was indeed having to paying to post, I would want to know that, wouldn't you?

I made no accusations, or allegations, I merely stated that I had heard something and needed to get clarification on it.

What is your problem with that?

All that can be revealed by asking questions is the eventual truth of a situation. What harm can come if Don is telling us the truth?

Have I called him a liar regarding his answer?

At the moment, I am confused because of the conflicting information I have been given in Don's answer and the information provided by my source. I am hopeful I can get the source of that information to clarify it for me. Isn't that important?

Isn't important to find out if rumors are true? Isn't it important when I asked Don the question the first time that he didn't answer it directly, without joking about it, or then trying to say something about me to deflect the question?

I had to ask the question a couple of times to get Don to give me a straight answer. Usually if you just mention Don in a post, he pops up immediately. It didnt' happen this time, perhaps for good reason, perhaps he wanted to see if it would pass, I don't know.

Observe the process that is happening here, apparently there is something that you may need to learn about the way the world works, especially in the financial services indstry, and even more so a part of the financial services industry where the reputation of brokerage firms have come into serious questions in the past.

Don can ultimately only benefit through this process if indeed he is of integrity and complete disclosure.

If he isn't, well, let the chips fall where they may.

#64     Aug 9, 2002
  5. bronks

bronks

And I thought I was just me. That one where the basketball player gets it on his shoes is especially nauseating. All the guys who say dude, sup, and peace-out, probably like it though. Same guys who can't seem to stop high fiving people in a bar after one too many.

#65     Aug 9, 2002
  6. 777, I believe enough in fellow man that I do give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. How do you make it through the day with such bitterness toward people?

Are you are so blind as to equate my believing Don with his answer to not knowing when to question someone in the financial services industry. I worked two summers on the floor of the CBOE. I have seen millions of dollars of trades made on the basis of a shout across the OEX pit or a hand signal. I do think a traders word is his bond. If not, you only get one chance before no on will trade will you again.

Perhaps you doth protest too much? Seems to me that usually the person making all the accusations is the one with something to hide or with some hidden agenda. I do not know what Don did to you. Nor do I care. I did not ever think I would be in a position of wanting to defend Don Bright. He is a relentless salesman and promoter who often evades questions. He runs a good clean firm if what you are looking for is a fair rate and to buy leverage around the reg T rules. But, you are way off base with your relentless attacks on what appears to be a minor issue in order to further your vendetta against the man.

Even if it is true that he pays per post, so what? He posts so much I hope it costs him a lot to do it. Why don't you and your "source" simply ask Baron. Baron has always been honest and forthright regarding this site and the advertisers. Or do you not trust Baron too?

I am going on vacation so I am sorry I won't get a chance to see Barons answer or your reaction to my post or Don. I hope you find what you are looking for whatever it may be.

#66     Aug 10, 2002
  7. Now, we can get on with it...

I hate 777. I hate responding to 777. I used to hate Don but I don't even care anymore. I hate the way the nerd salesman in the Borders near my house, the guy who thinks he is holier than thou as you buy books like Shakey, the Neil Young Bio or Playboy's first 50 years but who has no idea if they carry a DVD of Bugs Bunny or the Three Stooges, looks at me as if he knows that I wasn't smart enough to fade a three day monster up move in the market even during this bear market like it was so obvious that everyone was doing it. I think he secretly knew I was long after being short the first two days. I hate when corn on the cob gets stuck in my teeth and I try to create a sucking vacuum with my cheeks and tongue to pull it out and all that happens is I end up looking like the guy who bought the GS from me last year pre-opening who paid up two points on some bs news about how the brokerage business was stabalizing and Goldman was not firing people. He must have had one sour look on his face. It's trades like that for me that keep me coming back maybe even fooling myself into thinking this can be easy. I hate when I fool even myself. I hate that stop order I put in that was ticked off on the low of the day and my sale was the only trade lower in that stock that day. I hate Shakespeare, the only guy who speaks english I can't understand. I hate spinach. I hate beanie babies. I hate chewy bacon. I hate when the eaiter asks if I want sparkling water. I hate that easy Sunday morning feeling.

I hate to say it, but I am out of here for a while for my family summer vacation. Part camping, part surfing. Charlie don't surf, but I do.

Stu, thanks for your encouragement. TraderJim too. See ya next week on another thread or this one.

#67     Aug 10, 2002
  8. I worked two summers on the floor of the CBOE.

I didn't know that working two summers as a runner on the floor of the CBOE qualified anyone to evaluate the "bond" of integrity that may or not exist in the behaviors and inner motivations of a director of marketing for a firm that is trying to recruit traders for his prop firm. That you equate the working relationship of fellow floor traders to that of a sales and marketing manager to his brokers is laughable to me.

Perhaps if you had worked as a manager of a prop firm in the marketing, sales, and training department and as such had first hand knowledge of the behind the scenes and inner workings of such firms, I might give more weight to your argument.

I hate 777. I hate responding to 777.

It is a curse to have to respond on message boards. My sympathy.

During the very brief history of the XFL, there was a ball player who wore a jersey with "He Hate Me" on the back instead of his name.

Perhaps I will try to buy it off of e-bay so I can wear it when I read your posts.

#68     Aug 10, 2002
  9. I was a clerk not a runner. I did out trades for my MM. I did learn a lot about integrity. If I am not mistaken, before Don became a marketing machine on these boards, in his previous gig he was a MM on the floor of the PCoast. What was his reputation there for integrity?

How are you going to buy someting on e-bay if you have to trust them to send you the item after you paid?

See you in a week or so....

#69     Aug 10, 2002
  10. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

i hate michael jackson's NOSE or what's left of it!!!! i also hate when politicians use their hand as a pointer but touch the top of their index finger with the top of their thumb. i guess consultants tell them this is an effective way to make a point during a speech with out actually pointing. i hate people who listen to NPR and think they are smarter than everyone else. i hate coming home from a vacation the night before i have to go back to work...i usually need a vacation after my vacation. i hate madonna.

#70     Aug 10, 2002