Deterrent for those who deserve it.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FireWalker, Jan 25, 2013.

1. I remember acid in college. I'm 45 now, so that must have been 25 years ago. Omg. Now. In public, I was so paranoid I could hardly do anything, but if we were outdoors, it was kind of fun. Spooky stuff. You could freak yourself out on all sorts of things. Mind expanding? Not really. Just a stupid boredom drug.

#31     Jan 26, 2013
  2. Now, my favorite drug in college was MDMA. I actually thought about making that one and selling it. Never had sex on MDMA, although I understand that is what everyone else did. When I was doing it, it was an empathy drug. I actually made two long-lasting male friendships on that drug. We talked about everything.

Which leads me into a couple of more interesting, non-drug related stories.

#32     Jan 26, 2013
  3. Has anyone ever seen the movie Gattaca? Is that the spelling?

At one point (reminder to the genetically superior website), there was a scene where the estranged brothers competitively swam out into the ocean to prove their manhood.

Wanna know the true origin of that scene? It happened at Town Lake, near Austin, TX circa 1987. Me. Andrew Bransford Brown. He. Chris (I will leave his name out for the moment, lives in Houston, TX and married to Karen).

Was it competitive? No.
    Why did we do it? Because we were bored.
    Were we drunk? Yes.
    What were we wearing?
    At what point did we decide to turn back?
    Why did we decide to turn back?

Inquiring minds would want to know....

I had a Volkswagen Quantum at that time. Quattro is what they called it. All wheel drive. Top speed about 130. Routine at 110. Chris was the best god-damned copilot on planet earth. Would not flinch on anything. Except one time. Chris, how many feet from that sign did we stop? Actually had to get out the car and have a smoke on that one.

#33     Jan 26, 2013