Determined to get their money back

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Liger86, Jun 16, 2008.

1. HAHA this thread is fucking priceless.

First of all bro, I'm in a situation a lot like yours right now. Collections coming in left and right, blah blah blah. I'm 20 and i thought i was hot shit last year b/c i started a company and made a couple hundred thousand...and consequently lost it all. Thats ok though, im well on my way to making it back :D .

Heres my advice. Every person you ask is going to tell you to quit. To give up, because thats what they did, b/c thats what people told them to do etc etc and thats cool, a lot of people in this thread have told you to already. Thats what keeps the majority living in mediocrity. Thats also what allows a small minority to thrive. If you are going to succeed in the manner I'm sure you want to here's what you have to do. See this thread? Fuck it, delete it. Who cares, theres A LOT of good info on ET and im not sure why you're wasting your time spilling your guts when you should be reading every damn thing you can get your hands on, you should be doing every thing in fucking sight to gain an advantage. Are you sleeping well? If you are you don't want it bad enough and you'll end up just like everybody else who couldn't cut it. Don't spend a dime on those stupid creditors, unless they are going to stand in the way of your success, in that case you dont have much of a choice, but their powers are limited. Don't feel sorry for them, they are in a business that has risks and shit happens. You need to have tunnel vision, focus only on your goal and what can get you there. That may be getting a job to fund your account, or any number of things. Only you know. Is there a price to this? Yea, you name it and it will go. Relationships, friendships, sleep, etc etc. Trust me, I know. I now give people fair warning about my priorities. Am I an asshole? No, not really. I'm just that fucking determined, and thats the only way to be if you actually want to make in past the realm of barely adequate-mediocrity. I know this probably wasn't the advice you were looking for, but my main point is success is out there, but you have to fucking take it for yourself.

#21     Jun 17, 2008
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

So, you have 8k and owe 5600. Pay your bills kid. Not trying to sound high-minded just telling ya don't let a 5600 dollar debt ruin your life.

#22     Jun 17, 2008
  3. jnbadger

jnbadger

#1 No one on this thread told him to quit.

#2 You think you are the 1st 20 year old with ambition? Hilarious.

#3 You go girl. You keep feeding your habit of fucking over your creditors. But who cares right? You know all and will be a billionaire by the time you're 30.

Yet another moron who should make us afraid for our country.

#23     Jun 17, 2008
  4. #1 A lot of you are telling him to be average, that my friend IS quitting.

#2. You just made that up, I never said I was the only 20 year old with ambition...far from it in fact. Maybe you could learn to retort without resorting to just making up random shit.

#3. I never "fucked over" my creditors dumbass. The real estate market crashed and I lost everything, with that the ability to pay them back when i was supposed to. i dont feel sorry for myself, and I dont feel sorry for them. I was in a business with risks and shit happened, same for them. Of course I will pay them back when i get the chance, but im never going to get that chance if I spend every dime i have paying them back.

You make me afraid for this country. Everyone is complacent to be second rate.

#24     Jun 17, 2008
  5. jnbadger

jnbadger

"Every person you ask is going to tell you to quit. To give up, because thats what they did, b/c thats what people told them to do etc etc and thats cool, a lot of people in this thread have told you to already."

[edit] many will say this, but no one has said this here.

"You just made that up, I never said I was the only 20 year old with ambition...far from it in fact. Maybe you could learn to retort without resorting to just making up random shit."

You're correct. I apologize. You have more ambition than the average 20 year old. But you come across as someone who has it all figured out.

"Don't spend a dime on those stupid creditors, unless they are going to stand in the way of your success, in that case you dont have much of a choice, but their powers are limited. Don't feel sorry for them, they are in a business that has risks and shit happens."

Enough said.

#25     Jun 17, 2008
  6. yeah, yeah, ur a deadbeat, blah blah blah...

now that i got that outta the way, i don't understand what u expect. as long as that money is in ur brokerage account, it's as good as gone. that's a given.

u can hope and pray they don't take it, but the odds are against u. boy if u use that same strategy with your trading when a trade goes against u, ur money is as good as gone also.

best advice is to pay them back with ur funds cuz if u don't, u can't leave it in that acct. might be safe under ur mattress tho.

#26     Jun 17, 2008
  7. "Every person you ask is going to tell you to quit. To give up, because thats what they did, b/c thats what people told them to do etc etc and thats cool, a lot of people in this thread have told you to already."

Simply not true.

In my experience 99.9% of people will tell you just that. I did say everyone, I should have said almost everyone.

You're correct. I apologize. You have more ambition than the average 20 year old. But you come across as someone who has it all figured out.

I’m far from having it all figured out, I know enough to know that as far as technique, facts, and discipline go I have so much to learn and I will never stop learning.

"Don't spend a dime on those stupid creditors, unless they aregoing to stand in the way of your success, in that case you dont have much of a choice, but their powers are limited. Don't feel sorry for them, they are in a business that has risks and shit happens."

Enough said.

I may have taken that too far. Repaying your obligations is important, however NEVER at the expense of your overall success. That was my main point. They do have a tendency of trying to make you feel like shit for not paying them back, as if it’s a moral dilemma. My point is business is business. Im actually in the process of repaying all my debt and should be done by this week, but if I would have taken a job at 7/11 and paid them little by little, I never would have gotten into the position I am now, which is to pay them all back in full a lot sooner.

I truly believe that most people are afraid of success. I believe that our country has a bad case of herd mentality. I agree with your earlier post that hard work has to be executed throughout all areas of your life, it makes sense to do EVERYTHING to 100% of your ability. I often find myself doing things that I never could have anticipated to reach a goal, i.e. the OP may have to get a job at starbucks to help him reach his overall goal of being a trader (when on the face of it starbucks is a far cry from trading), in which case he should work his ass off and be the best fucking starbucks employee in history in hopes that he might get a raise, or more hours, or something that gives him more money to trade with or to spend on getting an education to trade. Hard work is what its all about, but that’s not it. I believe its mostly a mental game, you’re mostly fighting yourself b/c you want to give up so badly. And when you seek advice from a trusted friend or family member what do they tell you? To give up. Not in so many words of course, but if you want extraordinary things when people tell you be ordinary that to me is like giving up. It’s a lonely existence, but that’s when you know your doing it right and your on your way. I read this somewhere and its one of my favorite quotes:

"You have to recognize that every 'out front' maneuver is going to be lonely. If you feel entirely comfortable, then you're not far enough ahead to do any good. That warm sense of everything going well is usually just the body temperature of the herd. Only if you're far enough ahead to be at risk do you have a chance for large rewards."

I may seem like an arrogant know it all, but that’s just my insane stubbornness and hunger coming through. I'm constantly in the process of distilling my techniques and personality so that nothing but things that will help me achieve my goal are left. I believe thats what it takes.

#27     Jun 17, 2008
  8. jnbadger

jnbadger

I truly believe that most people are afraid of success. I believe that our country has a bad case of herd mentality. I agree with your earlier post that hard work has to be executed throughout all areas of your life, it makes sense to do EVERYTHING to 100% of your ability. I often find myself doing things that I never could have anticipated to reach a goal, i.e. the OP may have to get a job at starbucks to help him reach his overall goal of being a trader (when on the face of it starbucks is a far cry from trading), in which case he should work his ass off and be the best fucking starbucks employee in history in hopes that he might get a raise, or more hours, or something that gives him more money to trade with or to spend on getting an education to trade. Hard work is what its all about, but that’s not it. I believe its mostly a mental game, you’re mostly fighting yourself b/c you want to give up so badly. And when you seek advice from a trusted friend or family member what do they tell you? To give up. Not in so many words of course, but if you want extraordinary things when people tell you be ordinary that to me is like giving up. It’s a lonely existence, but that’s when you know your doing it right and your on your way. I read this somewhere and its one of my favorite quotes:

"You have to recognize that every 'out front' maneuver is going to be lonely. If you feel entirely comfortable, then you're not far enough ahead to do any good. That warm sense of everything going well is usually just the body temperature of the herd. Only if you're far enough ahead to be at risk do you have a chance for large rewards."

I may seem like an arrogant know it all, but that’s just my insane stubbornness and hunger coming through. I'm constantly in the process of distilling my techniques and personality so that nothing but things that will help me achieve my goal are left. I believe thats what it takes. [/B][/QUOTE]

There is no way I can disagree with any of this. Especially the first sentence of this quote.

It is just that no one on this site will advocate the original OP avoiding his debts to keep his brokerage account.

#28     Jun 17, 2008
  9. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Pay your debt and start fresh... Get a job and come back trading when you have accumulated 50K $...

And stop borrowing money, I don't know why everybody is eager to pay goods more than their value instead of waiting a little to get the money...

#29     Jun 17, 2008
  10. any of you guys considered the fact that liger could have made this thread up as a joke, just to rile people up?

#30     Jun 17, 2008