Dest's "Trade Against a Pro" Trading Challenge

Discussion in 'Journals' started by destriero, Dec 1, 2019.

1. I see.

btw. I had several business trips to Quebec in 1991. Lots of french speaking people in there. Oh damn it's 28 years ago. Time flies. I remember I bought a camera from there and it wasn't very cheap.

#31     Dec 2, 2019
  2. Haven't you ever met a person whom you don't like right away? Often it's a gut feel. So I will still say that this is how he works BASED on how he talks, nothing else.

#32     Dec 2, 2019
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

It may not be something that destriero see only on the screen. Thus, it could be other things he's involved with.

I read somewhere here at the forum that he's from the Chicago area or at least worked there in the markets in the past. Thus, he could still have a strong network there and keeps his ears (listening) to those he trust from there. Simply, he then puts all of that info together with his experience and what he sees on the charts to help with his trade decisions.

I wonder if he grew up in the downtown area or the north side and if he had a parent that worked in the financial markets ?

Thus, he may know the pro trader that everybody (including himself) will be competing against in the trading challenge...Bob Iaccino @ https://pathtradingpartners.com/bob-iaccino/ and https://www.cmegroup.com/futures_challenge/challenges/147/landing

Bob did poorly in the prior competition although he seemed too busy will real things to manage. In fact, I don't think he was able to put in more than 25 trades and he finish in the loss column in the prior competition. Final ranking 490.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    #33     Dec 2, 2019
    .sigma likes this.
  4. taowave

taowave

If hes shooting for 50% plus returns in a week,you know he isn't selling naked vol.Cap hit is too high for those returns,and he would be risking alot more than his 100k..

Hes either buying it(directionally) or spreading it..

For one week of trading,his edge is his grey matter..

Happy to stand corrected

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    #34     Dec 2, 2019
  5. fan27

fan27

You have no idea who you are dealing with here. Have you ever considered destriero is really Keyser Soze?

#35     Dec 2, 2019
  6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I'll work for Keyser Söze for 91 million dollars. Yet, my family will need to go into hiding from the Hungarian folks. :D

wrbtrader

#36     Dec 2, 2019
    fan27 likes this.
  7. destriero

destriero

"He was small time... just running dope." Soze on Soze.

Dope? No. Guns? Maybe.

I am shooting for 100% which will require putting the entire IRA net liq at risk. I'm not pulling my kids out of private school if I fail the challenge.

One ETer and I have a side bet on the outcome. I am taking odds at 5/1 that I hit $205K net liq. I'll allow any takers the opportunity to login to vet the statements. PM me if you're interested but you can't have less than 100 posts. Better if we've interacted in the past.

#37     Dec 2, 2019
  8. If anyone gets this message I am in dest's basement forced to work off a previous debt. He does not let me have access to the internet so I have to make this quick, please send help to the below addr

#38     Dec 2, 2019
    Sekiyo, GregorySG9, SumZero and 6 others like this.
  9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

#39     Dec 2, 2019
  10. destriero

destriero

Please disregard. My 4yo is playing with the wife's laptop.

#40     Dec 2, 2019