Dest's "Trade Against a Pro" Trading Challenge

Discussion in 'Journals' started by destriero, Dec 1, 2019.

1. destriero

destriero

Like I do? I am not suggesting risking your net liq on a week long vol-binge. I am in my early 50s and a few years from retirement. The $100K isn't a lot (for me) as it's just under 1% of my NW.

#11     Dec 1, 2019
    .sigma likes this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Wonder if we can get @destriero stoned on this forum without any drugs. Hmm! Heheh

#12     Dec 1, 2019
  3. destriero

destriero

IKR?!

#13     Dec 1, 2019
    eternaldelight likes this.
  4. destriero

destriero

It didn't require much thought to come to the realization that THC is counterproductive; especially to traders.

#14     Dec 1, 2019
    Zodiac4u and Overnight like this.
  5. .sigma

.sigma

All I'm wondering is how does Dest trade an edge in vol index with these type of market conditions? Sorry for my noob-mind I am 29 and only been trading options for 4-5 years and equity for 9.

#15     Dec 1, 2019
  6. destriero

destriero

I cannot tell you that. I would literally be taking food from my kid's mouths. Well, not so dramatic.

#16     Dec 1, 2019
  7. .sigma

.sigma

Hey guys, at least I tried lol

#17     Dec 1, 2019
    Nobert likes this.
  8. This has something of a "I'm yo' huckleberry" air about it. Once this gunslinger steps into the street, the only question is which undertaker is going to get rich off the proceeds...

Man, ET ought to pay you.

I'm still at the very beginning of the learning curve in my futures trading, so I've signed up for the CME challenge just for the educational angle. But if this is anything like your other threads, I have the feeling that I'm going to learn more from watching you. Best of luck!

#18     Dec 1, 2019
    johnarb, destriero and .sigma like this.
  9. Just for fun it would be nice to come and show something a bit different results BUT why restrictions ?

"This competition is open to residents in the United States (US), Canada (CA) excluding Quebec, United Kingdom (UK) excluding Northern Ireland, Germany (DE), Netherlands (NL), Switzerland (CH), Republic of Korea (KR), Taiwan (TW), and Japan (JP)."

Ego is a tricky thing...

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    #19     Dec 2, 2019
  10. samuel11

samuel11

Maybe vol dynamics by strike depending on what the market does?

#20     Dec 2, 2019